E Petition to stop the air ambulance paying VAT on fuel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've signed because it is to me clear that "human" charities should not pay tax. Excuse my ignorance in these matters but why can't charities register for VAT and thereby claim back the VAT?

Richard

RogerM":mw8i13cm said:
Guys - thank you, and I'm humbled by your support, even more so as mods on another woodwork forum deleted an identical post within minutes on the basis that it was too political :cry:

Too political? :? For who? I would be willing to put a boat load of cash on a bet that they wouldn't think it 'too political' if it were they who needed it and the Air Ambulance couldn't afford to go to them!

People like that really peeeeeeeeeeeeee me off BIG TIME !

Here are a few figures

http://www.airambulanceassociation.co.u ... _facts.php

I've sign, but I'm terribly worried that the exchequer might go broke without the tax from the chopper's fuel usage!
paper-f-16-002.gif

Roy.

Signed with pleasure. A cause that is also close to my heart, to the point that I donate monthly by DD to my local Air Ambulance.
Thanks for highlighting this.

sparkymarky":2kezr9yi said:
it has now reached 100000, well done everyone. lets see is our government listen to us and actually do something about it now! :roll:

VAT on fuel for air ambulances removed in yesterdays budget, at least partially due to pressure from from the public, according to Osborne. Hooray! Democracy in action, and we played our part on this forum, which is more than can be said for the a different place where the mods immediately deleted my original post because a call for the abolition of VAT on air ambulance fuel was deemed to be "political".

Back