E Petition to stop the air ambulance paying VAT on fuel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerM

Established Member
Reaction score
The Air ambulance is a service close to my heart, with a good friend having had his life saved on Dartmoor, and with one turning up to attend my father in a remote part of Devon within minutes of having been called. They are funded completely by charitable donations and helicopters drink fuel. The government in it's wisdom, having had the NHS service given by ambulance subsidised see fit to charge the Air Ambulance VAT on it's fuel despite Lifeboats being exempt.

Please sign the E Petition here to attempt to overturn this injustice. This is a service we may all need one day. I believe they need 100,000 signatories to force a debate in the Commons.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29349

Thanks.

seconded and done, the devon air ambulance is one of the most important services in west devon as any major hospital is over 1 hour away in a ambulance, it has helped countless people i know including my aunt with heart trouble a friend with a broken back and another with a amputated hand not forgetting all the car accidents.

Definately gets my vote Roger and I'll pass the link around my family and friends etc.
Northumberland has similar logistic problems to Devon. Seems more than a little unfair.

Bob

Guys - thank you, and I'm humbled by your support, even more so as mods on another woodwork forum deleted an identical post within minutes on the basis that it was too political :cry:

Signed

I've heard that our local Air Ambulance costs around £10,000 every time it takes off (usually to help someone who's broken a leg after slipping on seaweed)

Latest posts

Back