Dust Extractor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're only going to run one machine at a time then the ADE1200 (good deal at the mo.). I have the forerunner to it - the ADE1100. The worst case is my PT (Scheppach 260) at full width/depth cut and it has no problem at all. The router table and sawbench produce little waste by comparison. If you have the extra space I guess the bigger model offers much better throughput for not to much more money, but it doesn't sound like you would need it anyway.

cheers,

Ike

I've just bought the "Perform CCBDE" £179.11.
Not having one of the white extractor to compare it with I can't tell you if there is any difference in extraction capabilities.

But the Perform version works very well for me, I have it connected to a length of drain pipe which goes into a three way box, all with 100mm inlets. Sliding gates enable me to select which inlet to use. Then a flexible pipe to a box under my tablesaw which has four inlets, consisting of two 32mm inlets from the router & two 50mm inlets from the saw, all of which are all open.

There seems to be plenty of suction.
Using it on the P/T seems good too.

HTH
Chris.

Distance to draw the material pipe fittings lots of gate valves all tend to reduce efficiency so if you were connecting direct to the m/c a hobby system is ok, more losses require greater flow and you have the potential to expand the system.
Fitting the unit external to the shop requires less filtration which increases flow.

ike":3v6cw9hr said:
I have the forerunner to it - the ADE1100
Me too, and it copes fine connected directly to my 2012NB, although I have no idea (yet) if it would be enough for a small plumbed-in system. You'll need one of these (code 510072) if you go for the 2012NB as its dust hood has a 3" outlet.

Cheers,
Neil

Pewe

I have one of those on a bin outside the workshop and it is pretty good, although you will lose a fair bit of airflow with it. Also you have to empty the bin when it is about half full otherwise the extractor sucks the dust back out and through to the filter bag.
If you are going to go for one of these i would suggest the more powerful extractor. If you ever cut MDF you need as much airflow as you can afford and good filters too ( see extracting MDF dust thread)

Cheers
Julian

If you are going to go for one of these i would suggest the more powerful extractor

Thanks Julian - thats what I was worried about.

Another question- I have a Scheppach 4010 table saw which has 2 dust ports. The one under the table has a 4" spout and the one above has a 2" spout.
I have a 4" intake on my extractor which has a 2" t-peice on the side of the intake. When I connect both the ports on the saw to these, the 2" does not have any draw to speak of.

If I put a 4" to 2" adaptor on the extractor inlet and the Saw outlet and used 2" tube for both, would this balance the load and give reasonable extraction from both ports, or would that be a waste of time too?

pewe":1db2vw5i said:
I have a Scheppach 4010 table saw

Ok, i'm jealous now :mrgreen:
As for the extraction issue low pressure/high volume extractors don't like being restricted, that is why the 2" pipe doesn't do a lot. Unfortunately if you converted them both to 2" neither would do a lot!
If at all possible you need to convert the 2" pipe to 4" at the saw guard( have a look at the extracting MDF dust thread, i'm sure there is a pic on there of a guard that has been modified in this way).

Ps. Are you using your new extractor or the old one? More air moved by the extractor means more dust caught at the source, so another reason to go for the bigger extractor.

PPs. :twisted: I would suggest buying a saw with 4" outlets as standard and giving me your scheppach! :D :twisted:

Hope this helps

Julian

if you converted them both to 2" neither would do a lot
That's what I thought - :(

The other option is to connect the 4" pipe to the extractor and the 2" to your shop vac

Thats what I have done in the past, but it was always a pain having to connect and disconnect the shop vac and as I am building as new workshop I was planning to organise things a bit better.

I use a 'Wickes' vac in the shop and I see they are on offer at £29 at the moment. As it is a pretty powerful vac I may just get another one and connect it permanantly to a 2" hose system.

I quite like the Scheppach. I got it at a good price 4 years ago from Axminster after having tried one of their 'branded' ones which was not very accurate. (I spent ages with their technical people working out a design mod to sort it out, but to cure the bowed table top needed such a major mod they decided to take it back and gave me a Scheppach at a good price as compensation).
They only issue I have with it is that the mitre track is not a standard size and the supplied mitre does not fit it too accurately, I can't fit any of my 'Incra' accessories to it if I need to. As the top is the original aluminium one I can't modify it either. :(

PS. Do you have a link to the MDF Dust thread - I did a search and there are a lot of threads containing MDF Dust and I can't seem to find it.
Thanks.

Back