Dust Extraction - Maybe a daft question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Record DX800i (HPLV) extractor and recently acquired an Axminster LPHV model (about 10 years old 1HP basic model). I have just bought a 100mm cyclone kit to use with my dust extraction.

Question - What would happen if I connected the 2 dust extractors to the cyclone via a Y adapter? Would I get the advantages of both eg (HPHV) or would one affect the other(LPLV)?

Has anyone tried this?

If this is daft I am considering using the Axminster with the cyclone for the lathe as the ability to grab dust and shavings is better with the greater air flow and the dust through the filter bag will be reduced by the cyclone.

Any comments? Constructive verbal abuse accepted :lol: :lol:

mikec

It wouldn't work with both of them attached, they'd work against each other. The axminster 1hp model is really to weak to work with the Cyclone, but I might be wrong, give it a try and see. Whats the power like on the record with a 100mm hose attached? I used to have a record vac with a 100mm port but it had no suck on 100mm but was great on a reduced vacuum hose. If you do try it out with the HPLV make sure you have a pressure valve fitted.

Thanks for comments Chems, I suspected they wouldn't work together. #-o

I'll report back on the operation with the different extractors once I have it up and running.

Regards,

mikec

Thanks Mike, that'd be good. I'm starting to build up quite a good vault of what works with what, what doesn't work etc and will probably roll it all into one place on the website at some point this year.

Back