Drive Belt Startrite 351s Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_h

Established Member
Reaction score
The drive belt on my Startrite 351s bandsaw recently broke and as I needed to be back up and running quickly I ordered a replacement from Record Power/Startrite despite, what I considered to be, a high cost of around £40.

I have looked around on the web at the various places that sell v belts but no one seems to offer this particular size (545mm circumference, 7mm top width, 6mm depth & 2mm bottom width).

Does anyone know if cheaper alternatives can be sourced?

Thanks

Mark

I took mine along to Halfords and got a heavier duty replacement from their fan belt range for five to ten quid I think. Was slightly larger but the motor can be adjusted on it's mountings to get the tension right.

Cheers, Paul

You might not get the same cross-section exactly, but I found it didn't matter if the belt sat in the bottom of the pulley groove, as long as the side walls gripped, and the heavier section and dimension stopped it slipping under load when deep resawing.

Cheers, Paul

I think you need an M7545 poly belt - i'm sure one of the bearing/belt suppliers could get one cheaper (I found one in the US for less than $10)

Misterfish

Yes it is a 7M545. They seem to be $10-20. I will keep searching to see if there is a US supplier with a decent shipping rate, or someone closer to home.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Back