Drill bits for concrete.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone without an sds drill really needs to take the step and buy one .decent corded ones are available for 100 quid.no brainer .
if that doesn't work,your hitting steel id think.
thunderbolts are best for fixing and going into the centre void of the slab will not be an issue with them either

All sorted now, thanks for all the input. I bought a Bosch bit that had a 4 way (cross) tip and borrowed an SDS drill and it went through the concrete like a hot knife through butter. I turned the ceiling into Swiss cheese trying to find a place where I didn't hit any voids, there seemed to be a lot!

Ha! The concrete ceiling has a 10mm layer of render and an uncomfortable amount of voids so I'll give this a miss, thanks Bm101.
Hi you can use inserts or likes of Rawl bolts with chemfix plus other way is put section of threaded rod in held with chemfix then place item up and do nuts up.
Plus can bond a sheet or piece of wood to concrete with chemfix/Gripfill then attach unit to that

ho well i noticed late but maybe useful for others?

Back