Dresser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming that there won't be that flat shown on the test piece (left of the bead) on the final door edge - which will be like the example shown earlier? I realise that to eliminate the flat with the scratch stock you'd have to recess the cutter into the stock ...

A small bead router cutter or two is always a good thing to have ...

Think I’m there with the final design. Need to make decision ,scratch hook or router bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your advise on this, another opinion is always good.The dresser is a large substantial piece (if the weight is anything to go by ). I have doubts that the bead might be too small and hence look out of place. I don’t mind putting in the effort to achieve the right look.
I’m going to refile and tweak the scratch hook ,making the groove not so deep and thinner and look at the result.
I might well end up buying a cutter and change my views on the bead size.

The dynamic process of decision-making! :) Yes, that cutter I suggested would probably be too small. I've just measured a bead in my kitchen and it's 8mm including the quirk, which would probably be about right for the scale of your piece ...

Thanks.
Router cutter ordered. I’ve bit the bullet. Once I’ve put the beading on the side panels I can start the glueing!!

Test assemble first to check the fit - you might've done that already. Use a rubber mallet &/or a smooth knock block so nothing's marred. I'll be rooting for you at clamp time!

Still undecided on which moulding to go for. The larger bead ( scratch hook) is what I had in mind on the original design. Having got used to using it it’s quicker than my first attempts.

Attachments

• 288FE3C3-BA27-4559-B50D-32DE738533F4.jpeg
    288FE3C3-BA27-4559-B50D-32DE738533F4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 9A8D32DD-4E4E-4E75-B0E1-F5D0C6B71BF0.jpeg
    9A8D32DD-4E4E-4E75-B0E1-F5D0C6B71BF0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • EA0FDF25-C3AF-41F9-B6D2-C3A50F77C434.jpeg
    EA0FDF25-C3AF-41F9-B6D2-C3A50F77C434.jpeg
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 0
Back