Drawer slide advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The isaac lord ones i have here are full extention with no thingy .

So you can't remove a drawer after it's screwed to the carcasse, or add the runners and then slot the drawer in?

I'm all for thingys.

I use these a lot and am 99% certain that there is a"thingy" if not how would you fit the drawer to the slide,technically known as, a drawer slide thingy remover, the best reason for putting the thicker side on the carcass is that you can use a measuring block to ensure that both slides are exactly the right height.from the base of the unit.If you are careful you will be able to get the 1mm you desire, these are well made slides and I have found that there is minimal play.

Good luck

These Screwfix ones don't seem at all bad to me - not like some of their tat.

They do sell some rubbish, don't they.

I wouldn't put them in a kitchen or whatever on which I'd spent thousands, but they're solid and smooth enough for more work-a-day stuff.

I've got six pairs of 450mm from Screwfix and several pairs of 500mm & 600mm from Bullers they all have a release lever on the third runner (the thinest one) it's the thinnest one that has got to screwed to the drawer, the widest one has to be screwed to the carcase.

Never heard of Buller's - but eventually found their website, yup cheaper than Screwfix, but carriage charges put the price back up.

However, to get to the point........their page, perhaps the pdf bit - says that the runners go in wide side to the carcass, OR wide side grooved into the drawer side.......hmmm.

But the thingy is definitely on the skinny bit - oh no it's not, it's on the other bit...

Chris.

Sorry to get so technical......

Bingo!!!! :lol: :lol:

So if this is on the carcase, and the large section of the drawer - surely you can't access the "thingy"

You're saying that Roger can't remove his drawers until he's fiddled with his thingy?

LyNx":2trbvo4r said:
Bingo!!!! :lol: :lol:

So if this is on the carcase, and the large section of the drawer - surely you can't access the "thingy"

No..t'other way round. Thin bit fixed to the drawer..complete with thingy.

so where did i read someone putting thin on carcase and fat on drawer :-k

Im glad you found your thingy Roger , was it our talk today that inspired you to look for it :shock: Thinking about it if you rebate the runner into the draw then the thin bit would have to be on the carcass or you wouldn't be able to get to the thingy . I think .

Back