Dowel jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Phil

I have the craftsman 8mm and a short 6mm bar they were bought as a special offer a few years ago I use them a lot easy and accurate

I have the Joint Genie set too - bought at Yandles a few years ago.

Really well made and easy to use.

Rod

Now where was I reading that the drill used for a dowel hole in end-grain should be of a fractionally different diameter than the drill used for the corresponding dowel hole in end grain?

It illustrates the reality that "accuracy" in woodworking is a relative term!

Personally I've found my old Record dowelling jig to be pretty useful, and by and large as accurate as the Festool Domino that I normally use now. But there's many on this forum that demand a higher level of precision than any of these dowelling jigs can reasonably hope to deliver.

Thanks john,so froggy you dont rate the wolfcraft or the axminster one you linked to,what do you use instead.

phil2010":3es4nfxx said:
John can you use normal brad point drill bits when working with the genie thanks.

That table looks nice simon, this is the jig http://www.axminster.co.uk/wolfcraft-wo ... prod23628/

That one you're linking to just looks like a newer version of the one I've got in the picture. As you can see my one came in a box set. It came with the jig piece and 3 drill bits with stops and the glue, dowels and some other bits and bobs. That table is really the only thing I've used it on so far, as I have had to shut up shop for now, until I get my own house. And currently having to settle to just do wood work as a job!

joiner_sim":3jdb3bn1 said:
On that page, third picture down, theres a Wolfcraft dowelling jig.

Sim

Are those Clarke saw stools?

If so what's the stability like?

They are the clarke folding trestles. I have fitted timber to the tops. The stability is okay, but can get a bit rocky when doing anything which requires alot of force, e.g. cutting joints. They worked for me as a bench with an offcut of a fire door blank, as space was limited and this mean't I could move it about and adjust to the job I was doing.

Latest posts

Back