Dovetail Jig... Leigh kind of thing!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's odd, my Super 18 manual and DVD have info on backer board. Must do, coz I did used one and I'm not intelligent to have known otherwise.

I found the manuals and DVD's really Excellent.

Yep backer board fixed behind the work and a bit of climb cutting at the front also helps.

If you did't have the backer in place you would get a lot a alloy shavings mixed in with th ewood shavings :!:

Jason

Another vote for the Leigh. I have the D4R and it is excellent, as are Leigh's own brand cutters (I use the 8mm ones). As mentioned elsewhere in this thread I also find a light "climb routing" cut makes for clean and precise joints; but it does need to be made with care.

Mark

D4 for me as well half blind and though dovetails same spacing just turn the finger bar over great piece of kit I also have a woodrat the D4 is better for dovetails

I'm a little concerned that there is still a skill curve to climb with the rat to access all that it does and I'm not thrilled by the method of feeding long lengths of wood through it however I think that these things can be overcome and it does so much more than just dovetails and may even replace the somewhat under utilised router table hiding under the bench....

Having had a rat for so long yes it does take time to learn. More in pushing your boundaries (not the rat) and in time you gain confidence and it does produce very good results. It can do so much more than dovetails. You are not limited. In my opinion at the time there wasn't another option, I went for the rat. Shows in my blog of the kitchen.

wizer":33v8y0wg said:
The_Stig":33v8y0wg said:
What you looking for it?

I might happen to take it off your hands :D

I have the Super 18 AND the accessory kit. Bought very recently. Comes with all the excellent instructional DVD's. Used once and the reason for sale is when I look my tuit list, I don't need to make dovetails for a very long time. It made the dovetails on my Baby Walker and has received plenty of ooh's and Aaah's from people who don't know what a jig is ;)

Make me an offer, open to all.

I'm also not fussed about selling it, so no sily offers pls ;)

PM sent

Back