Domino tips

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benchwayze":1dtvm0mb said:
Cicero":1dtvm0mb said:
I would like to see some other crowd come up with a better unit for half the price.

Must be possible,I am sure the chinese could do it.

Well and truly over priced.

Cicero,

If you were looking at the text in my sig, it's nothing to do with the price of the Domino. It's just a quote from a Nevil Shute novel, that rings a chord with me! :lol: :lol:

As for another crowd coming up with the Domino idea, Festool have patented the cutter designs and mechanisms, so that's why they can charge what they please, and only the Chinese would dare copy. :lol:
Regards
John :D

Hi Bench,I am both Brian Jackson and Cicero,don't ask me how.!

I have sold my slot morticer and will buy Domino in June.

$2000 here,complete kit with biscuits.

Hi Brian,

I think I must have quoted a quote instead of the original post! My disability is called Old Age! :lol:

I am going to stick with a router and the appropriate cutters I think.

I can always buy the Domino biscuits. (Unless you have to prove you own a Domino to get them! :lol: )

I do see the convenience of the thing though, despite the dollars you'll have to spend.

All the best.

John :)

Can't think of anything worse that setting up jigs to make cuts in right place.

I am a tool junky as well John.

If you take gorse out of pockets,you will able to get at your dosh,worth a try John!

Brian Jackson":2itmmwuz said:
If you take gorse out of pockets,you will able to get at your dosh,worth a try John!

Brian,

If you mean I have deep pockets and short arms.... Well, maybe!

But in fact --- Old Age + Fixed income + rising bills = Make do and mend + no spend. In short, 'What pockets and what dosh?' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously I would like a Domino, but afford it or not, it's justification with SWIMBO isn't it?

Regards

Benchwayze":nu9fq5l1 said:
Brian Jackson":nu9fq5l1 said:

Brian,

If you mean I have deep pockets and short arms.... Well, maybe!

But in fact --- Old Age + Fixed income + rising bills = Make do and mend + no spend. In short, 'What pockets and what dosh?' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously I would like a Domino, but afford it or not, it's justification with SWIMBO isn't it?

Regards
John,
To be honest,my use of monies from equity release allows me to consider one (domino),I mean a reverse mortgage.
I too am aged (73) but no children,so why not use house for such joy.?He he

Anyway good luck mate.

Back