Does the look of a tool/machine affect your buying decision?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to look into that, the Hope disc brakes on my Litespeed Appalachian have never worked satisfactorily.

Late 90's CX. It doesn't have disc mounts, are they welded on recently ?. or are you mixing up the models
If they've been recently added then maybe the alignment is screwed.

The Litespeed Appalachian is a purpose made disc mounted cross bike, so not recently added and its not the alignment that is screwed the Hope brakes are just useless.

I just like them to be delivered undamaged, cement mixer turned up damaged (Amazon) and so did my Triton planer thicknesser (Ffx) still waiting for ffx to contact me from Friday lunchtime.

Approximately five different people have had a go at setting these up, all said you may have set them up wrong this is including two cycle shops, all gave up in the end and they have never improved, the hope brakes on my other cross bike and mountain bike work well, these don't, they are the model with the separate hydraulic cable operated master cylinder, even putting a direct operating cylinder on they still do not work well, disc's have been cleaned/changed, pads various pad types de-greased and changed, tried everything and they still do not work.

Back