Do you know what its for?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
The following pictures show something that I have just completed, any guesses to what it is and what its fo?

The first two pics show the front.
Cratch-001.jpg

Cratch-002.jpg

This shows the back.
Cratch-003.jpg

Hi nWaka,
My guess is its for a front of a canal boat and you you throw canvas over it to extend your living quatres like this

Looks nice what ever its for . What wood is it?

SP

You've got it in one.

It's made of AWO, the strip in the middle is mahogony as is the plugs.

I made it for the guy next to me in the marina, wanting to make one for my boat, and never having made one before I thought I'd practice on his first. Its amazing how mush you can learn on just a simple job.

JFC":3otckh6d said:
Ohhhh any chance of a pic of your boat ?
Picture-123.jpg

She's 50' in length and called Bathsheba, the name derives from Thomas Hardy's Far from the Madding Crowd, we thought quite appropriate as we live in Wessex.

Very nice vessel. I was looking at a few websites last week that list narrowboat holidays and wondering if I could convince my wife that it is something we should do. I'm not even sure we could but it looks like a fun way to see some country side.

As a veteran canal boater I can thoroughly recommend a holiday on the canals. Wherever you go there is much to see, as there are many fine engineering marvels and plenty of nice villages and stunning scenery

Although I live near the end of the Wyrley & Essington Canal and am a member of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal restoration Trust I don't own a canal boat (I'm investing in a workshop instead).

Shultzy":29n461p0 said:
As a veteran canal boater I can thoroughly recommend a holiday on the canals. Wherever you go there is much to see, as there are many fine engineering marvels and plenty of nice villages and stunning scenery

Although I live near the end of the Wyrley & Essington Canal and am a member of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal restoration Trust I don't own a canal boat (I'm investing in a workshop instead).

Couldn't agree with you more Schultzy. We've circumnavigated the Avon Ring twice, the warwickshire ring once, as well as up and down the Oxford Canal and also Stoke to Langollen. You get to slow right down and yet at the end of the day walking the towpath and working the locks you know you've done some exercise and you're ready for a pint or two.

ec431a6c.jpg

Very nice and i see you also have a silly hat , this is a must for boating IMHO We like to say its to keep the sun of our necks but its really an excuse to wear a cowboy hat :lol:

Latest posts

Back