Do you have these guys in the UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter Johnson

Established Member
Reaction score
In my January browsing of 09 calendars I ran across an Tokidoki calendar, filled with these Japanese-drawn characters. Every picture is a crowded montage of these little guys and my mind went nuts conjuring up the puzzles they would make.

My 13-year-old granddaughter knew of Tokidoki and the six-year-old one had not heard of them, so I guess they're just getting started here. I have posted this on another forum and a friend from Mexico said they're swamped with them there. Have they invaded over where you are?

So here is "Okidoki 1". It's exactly one square foot with 307 pieces of 1/4" Finnish Birch, color-line cut around as many of the characters and symbols I could fit. It was really enjoyable to cut and I think, with a little photo, it will be great phun to assemble. The picture of the back has been flipped horizontally to more readily identify the pieces.

Carter

383712177.jpg

383712176.jpg

Stunning as usual Carter! I have not come across these yet and have a 6yr old and a 4 yr old son, so would guess they are not prevalent in the UK so far. We are currently still battling aliens with Ben10 and Batman is making a resurgence but no Japanese figures yet. I am sure its only a matter of time....!

Steve

Not seen those here either but that sort of Japanese comic art looks just right for colour-line cutting, and so many bright primary colours too!

Back