dishwashers - nice and easy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
Now onto dishwashers.

What I'm after -

AAA rating

Needs to suit 950mm worktop height without a hight plinth (100mm max)

Fully integrated

Low noise level - i don't want to hear this thing running. Like the Neff we have at the moment :twisted:

I have been looking at the double drawer washers but her in doors doesn't want to spend the £650 price tag.

I'm open to suggestions on the matter. Any really good ones out there, plus any i should stand well clear off

:roll:

I think you will have problems with door clearance given those sizes, usual WT height is 910 and average plinth 140-150. You will have an extra 80-90mm of door below the pivot point which will hit the machine.

The Kiwi ones with the draws are nice especially now as you don't have to run them through a watersoftener. I usually fit Neff and its hard to tell if they are running. Dont go for the ones with a cutlary tray at the top, its a pain to load them, basket in the bottom is a lot easier so my lady clients tell me :wink:

Jason

Andy,
can't help with the fully integrated bit but the research I did 2.5 years ago found Bosch at the top of the very quite dishwashers. I have a Bosch Logixx Maxx and have lost count of the number of times I have opened the door without realising it was still running (how do they turn the water off so fast?? as never a drop escapes when I do this).

It really is very very quite. The extractor fan, kettle, oven fan, coffee machine all make more noise.

I've no hesitation in recommending.

Good luck and do let us know what you end up with.

Andy

I have narrowed it down to a few.

AEG, Bosch, two Neff's and a Siemens. All around the £550 mark. The AEG is quoted at the quietest at the moment at a low 46db. The bosch is rated at 52db (SHV55M03 model)

Andy, i've searched for the Bosch Logixx Maxx but i'm getting washing machines - are you sure your using the correct appliance :lol:

LyNx":ir6kcr8w said:
Andy, i've searched for the Bosch Logixx Maxx but i'm getting washing machines - are you sure your using the correct appliance :lol:

The spin cycle could account for the chipped crockery! :lol:

We have a Bosch dishwasher that has had daily use for a family of 4 for 18 years without missing a beat, apart from recently when someone put in the bottom basket crookedly and the drying element melted the wheels! Simple replacement job using wheels bought online. Total reliability and quiet running and a complete contrast to the noisy unreliable bag of nails it replaced bought from Whirlpool, and which lasted just 4 years before it expired permanently.

Andy,
Ha Ha.

Yep definately a Logixx Maxx read it off the front of the machine last night. The washing machine is a Zanussi so no mistake there. I'm at work now so can't check the model number.

I must admit I cannot see the Maxx logo on the Bosch DW site but I did however found this at only 44db
http://www.boschappliances.co.uk/produc ... .aspx?id=8

I'm wondering about the db levels of built in machines and I suspect that when they are built in behind the cabinet door the noise will reduce still further?

Andy

that Bosch has the same noise levels as the AEG, thats pretty damn quiet.

Some of these washers have a spotlight to illuminates the floor so you know when it's on. Not like our current one then, you really know when it's on.

Relatives of mine have a super quiet AEG, and it is really is quiet, almost quiet enough to convince you that it isn't actually cleaning the dishes. They hate it. The state of the dishes when its finished has convinced them that the reason it is so quiet is because it isn't actually cleaning them at all.

Andy,
the model I have is the SGS 69L02 & according to the catalogue spec has a db rating of 47db that they describe as "extremely quite". A fact with which, as I said before, I agree with.

A db of 44, therefore, must be almost inaudible :wink:

Andy

Latest posts

Back