Diary entry for 2009

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out int shed

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post as im new to this site.

All being well in 2009 I will be taking a giant leap out of a comfortable, salaried job and into a world of uncertain income by working for myself as a chippy.

I consider myself a mere beginner in the world of carpentry (2 years college education and 10 years DIY) but sawdust is in the blood due to 2 generations of cabinate makers in work throughout the 1800's and 1900's

Anyway.........

I will no doubt have lots more questions for you all but for now, I just have one.... how do I stick pictures up on this ere site?

Hi out int shed, Welcome to UKW forum...
regard posting piccies , you will firstly need an off site picture hosting website (photobucket, Flickr, or the like ) and put your pics on there and them simply link them in your posts here its that simple, but have a search on this site and theres bound to be a more detailed step by step guide on how to do it .
Picture hosting site are similar in the way they do it but have certiain "quirks" of their own, so follow their how to`s as well.

Edit: there is an announcement in General chat about posting piccies, you might find it useful.

Almost free machinery, your going to make a lot of friends in this forum :D

I see you live in Hull. was born there myself, but exiled now to the deep south.. :lol:

enjoy your stay, mate..

Out int shed":194pi8e1 said:
How do I stick pictures up on this ere site?

Right click on the picture you want to post here, in the properties you will see the Location line, it always starts with http and if it's a jpeg will end with jpg copy this address then when you paste it add
after the location.

Thank you chaps for your quick responses. I shall post up a few shots of the sleigh cot im finishing this weekend.

My sons only 6 months old so im not too far behind on the deadline!

Hello Out int shed and welcome. Looks like I am one of your neighbours living just across t' water in Grimsby. All the best with the future plans too. :wink:

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck finding work in the way the economy is at the moment! It is out there, you've just got to find it!

Welcome Out-in-shed,
I wish you all the very best luck in your new employment, a lifetime of experience,(just turned 75), means that I've done it all, the only thing you need in your venture, is quality work, all the rest will follow, those who skimp will always struggle.
Good luck.
Derek.

Latest posts

Back