Dewalt Radial Arm Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reynards

Reaction score
I am hoping that somebody can throw some light on the attachments that can be added to the radial arm saws by dewalt. I have a slightly older model but I can no-one or nowhere that I can beg, borrow or buy any of the wonderous attachments that dewalt say that they used to make for their saw.
I would also like to be able to purchase a manual, or even if some0ne could photcopy a manual for a DW 1201. This is similar to a 1251, 1501 etc.
Can anyone help? :(

Thanks for the reply. You are right! The site is playing up and does not appear to work at all. :cry:

Hi Reynards,

I use one of these, no attachments other than standard on it though. I'll have a root around and see if I can find the instuctions. It must be round here some where.....

I'll try and get back to you tommorrow,

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Reynards, I have the Elu RAS which is the De Walt 1251 and although I only have a set of dado cutters for it I do have a manual on the computer in PDF format. PM me with your e-mail address if you want a copy mailing to you. HTH :wink:

I've got a 1251 I got off the 'bay a few years ago. It came with a sanding disc, a sanding drum, a dado set and a router bracket.

I've found that if you keep an eye on the 'bay that various standard attachments are offered from time to time.

The only extra that I have bought is a pair of adjustable angled fences for the table - Miles Tools put these on the 'bay and I got them for about a third of the normal price - they were brand new still sealed in the DW box.

As for router brackets there seem to be two different versions - I've got the small one that will accept the small Bosch 500 type router (88mm motor housing) but there is a larger version that will take a number of bigger routers. The thing is that having the facility to have an overhead router ought to be useful but so far I've not actually tried - I'm used to using routers handheld or in my homemade router table.

Both the sanding disk (about 10 inch diameter) and the sanding drum (about 2 or 3 inch diameter) really need to have auxillary tables made for them.

The other thing about most of the attachments is that you have to do a lot of fiddling around to remove and attch components which can be a bit of a PITA - the only attachment I tend to use (ir)regularly is the dado set.

You occasionally see moulding sets available but I woulf not be comfortable using these. I've seen Norm on NYW using these on his table saw and thought that I wouldn't want to be in the vicinity when they were in use.

My saw came with two manuals - the adjustment and operating instructions covering 1251, 1501 and 1503 - a total of 26 pages. Also included was the Dewalt Powershop Handbook on how to make the most of your radial arm saw. This is 130 pages and actually refers to the 320 and 125 models. It covers basic cuts, the dado head, the shaping head, the disc and drum attachments, the router attachment, the sabre saw attachment and the drilling attachment. It also includes a chapter on the adjustment of the machine.

If you get no joy with obtaining manuals then PM me and I'll scan the documents and put them into PDF files

Misterfish

Reynards":1zsl2adp said:
Thanks for the reply. You are right! The site is playing up and does not appear to work at all. :cry:

Hello All,

I'm a newbie to this forum and still busily reading all the interesting stuff from the past.
I've just bought an Elu 1251 RAS and am working out how to use it!
The OWWM site is now back up but won't work with the link shown.
This link worked for me.
[Edit]
I don't seem to be able to post a link.
Just delete the "/default.asp" from the link above and it works.

They didn't have any info that I could find on the 1251 but there was a lot of good general stuff.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Welcome to the forum. :D

colins2":1va15aky said:
I don't seem to be able to post a link.
Your link will get caught by our spam trap until you have a few more posts, don't worry, one of us will sort it if it happens. 8)

Back