Dewalt Framing Nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Shmoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Does anyone know if the new Dewalt Nailer will damage Shiplap when using the 50mm nails ?

I hear it has a non-mar tip that can be used, but will it protect enough to stop any damage to the Shiplap?

Cheers.

Hi Joe
If standard s/w shiplap then it will sink the nails below the surface for sure. (It's a great nailgun btw, just done a roof with mine and so much better than the Paslode I had previously.)

Is there anyone in your area with one to try or maybe a dealer to take a peice to for a demo? I don't know where you are but I'm in Northumberland and have plenty of 50mm ringshanks.

Bob

I doubt it, long as you set the depth right on the nails and i suppose it also depends on how large and how thick the shiplap is to whether it will split or not, but if you stay away from the edges you should be fine anyways oh and also what nails you use, smooth galvanised would work best imo.. surely should work like any other nailer would, if your worried about the nib denting the wood im sure you would be able to buy a rubber tip like you can on the paslodes nail guns.. I love the idea of the new dewalt guns but flippin heck they way a ton! im not sure if i would be able to frame a roof with one of them.. my arm might fall off :p

Mine goes through shiplap at full depth adjustment but not at the minimum setting but doesn't split it LOL and even with the nose tip it will still dent the timber slightly,

The De Walt is only slightly heavier than the Paslode

Latest posts

Back