Dewalt 1600s radial arm saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acewoodturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Last year I bought a second hand Dewalt 1600S RAS that had seen little previous work and is in reasonable condition. I would like to install a thumb switch to use it like a dead man's handle and purchased one yesterday. The manual for this machine is not online and I phoned Dewalt to see if I could get one emailed to me. They are having to hunt through the archives and as yet not gotten back to me. Has anyone got a scanned copy that they could stick in drop box or email to me. I want to wire it up properly and not have to replace it as it cost £41.40.

Mike

acewoodturner":2okap1w9 said:
Last year I bought a second hand Dewalt 1600S RAS that had seen little previous work and is in reasonable condition. I would like to install a thumb switch to use it like a dead man's handle and purchased one yesterday. The manual for this machine is not online and I phoned Dewalt to see if I could get one emailed to me. They are having to hunt through the archives and as yet not gotten back to me. Has anyone got a scanned copy that they could stick in drop box or email to me. I want to wire it up properly and not have to replace it as it cost £41.40.

Mike
Hi
I too bought a Dewalt RAS Great bit of kit, however when I got it it was equipped with a rip blade --------plenty of hook on the teeth. Have to be very very careful to hold it back whilst cross cutting. I have had other RAS saw in the past and they do need watching . I am extremely careful if the blade is still moving--more so when placing anew bit of wood that is a bit too big for the clearance between fence/blade and wood.
Hope I am not out of order pointing this out,just trying to help accidents . When I bought mine secondhand, the fence was smashed to bits I wonder why??????!!!!
Regards
Timber

Back