Dementia?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a letter today notifying me that my pension is available to me from August 2015 and what were my plans for it of course. I was a little puzzled as I seemed to remember when I initiated the policy I gave my retirement age at 60 thinking I would be able to retire a few years earlier than the then usual 65. I was unsure why they would allow me to take my pension at the age of 58 until I made a calculation from my birth date of 1955........I am 59 not 57! :oops: Where did those last two years go?? I can only put it down to the onset of Dementia! :shock: Either way I still can't afford to retire yet and think I will be working my way into my box. :roll: No wonder I get so many aches and pains after a days work! :lol:

If I may make an observation Mailee , I doubt dementia is the problem. My memory is just fine , as anyone who refuses to play Trivial Pursuit with me can attest. Plenty sharp on who played which part in which movie. Can argue persuasively on why the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies are just wrong (no Tom Bombadil at all In LOTR and elvish incursions throughout the Hobbit!!!) and yet I have not remembered my birthday ON my birthday for over a decade. The correct description may just be selective memory. :wink: :)

lanemaux":1h46zdjv said:
Can argue persuasively on why the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies are just wrong (no Tom Bombadil at all In LOTR and elvish incursions throughout the Hobbit!!!)

Allegedly Jackson even filmed the Scouring, then cut it. Three pretty good films then mucking up the ending - how could he? Could be a rural myth though.

I struggle to remember the days of the week sometimes.

Occasionally, it has advantages: in the light of one recent too-sad event, I can return to The Colour of Magic (and onwards from there) with sufficient vacuuity to enjoy every moment all over again. The only problem is that the bookshelf has been raided, probably by one of the offspring, so I had to stop in at the bookshop at the end of the road on my way to Waitrose.

Ordered (for tomorrow - they're really good!), so at least that's sorted. We live in a _really_ convenient spot.

E.

mailee":sjipenwg said:
I am 59 not 57! :oops: Where did those last two years go?? I can only put it down to the onset of Dementia!
At least being older than you think means it's not early onset .... :wink:
Eric The Viking":sjipenwg said:
I struggle to remember the days of the week sometimes.
I work seven days of three shifts, two days off then the same again two more times before a longer break. The day of the week doesn't have much meaning to me any more.

It's like the guy standing at the bottom of the stairs thinking ''am I going up to collect something or have I just come down.'' I've a feeling it could apply to me sometimes.

John

It's ok guys, I have been told the reason for it now, it's the theory of relativity! I work so fast compared to others that time is travelling slower for me hence the reason I seem to have lost two years! :lol: Hmm, sounds feasible. :lol:

mailee":1a1q5i6n said:
It's ok guys, I have been told the reason for it now, it's the theory of relativity! I work so fast compared to others that time is travelling slower for me hence the reason I seem to have lost two years! :lol: Hmm, sounds feasible. :lol:

I was going to post almost the same remark

Your work rate is truly extraordinary

Jonzjob":j5kuiwio said:
I go into a room and start to think to myself 'what the hell am I here after' ??:

Me too. I sometimes walk from one room to another for a very good reason but by the time I arrive I have forgotten the reason. If I retrace my steps the reason often returns to my head but not always.

Back