DB mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMUK":3qcr6m8s said:
chippy1970":3qcr6m8s said:
MMUK":3qcr6m8s said:
I loved my Makita LS1013. I never had an issue with accuracy or reliability. Dust control was comparable with any of the "best" brands. And it's half the price of the Festool.

Must get a new one when funds allow.......

I've had a Makita ls 1013 for years I agree with you . Accuracy and reliability are great but dust control is rubbish.

It doesn't compare to the kapex for dust extraction. That and the weight of the thing are the only let down. We've used ls 1013's for probably 20 years now.

What is your extractor setup? I found that it was much better having a separate extractor for the SCMS. All I used was a twin motor 110v Numatic with a 50 litre drum I picked up for £25 plus the cost of a new hose and an adapter. Made so much difference to having it on a shared system.

I've used it with a festool midi which is excellent with all my other stuff, also tried with my big record workshop extractor. The Makita doesn't have the big rubber gator at the rear of the blade like the kapex. That helps a lot to direct the dust .

Also I've got fed up lugging the ls1013 around, the kapex just feels much more compact.

If there really repetitive cuts of all the same size then go and speak to your local pictureframing shop and get them to cut them for you on there morso. Less wastage (ok maybe 4mm a cut doesnt sound a lot, but over hundreds of cuts you will be surprised on how much it equates to)

Doing it on a morso will give you super crisp exactly 45 degree mitres, and I honestly cant think of a better way of doing this than that. Iv had to do a few jobs similar to this and did exactly this with one of the jobs, costing me 50 quid and a bag of doghnuts, and on the other two times I bought morso on ebay, used if for what I needed, and then sold it on again. This was awsome for cutting onsite as there really not that big to have to cart around once you get it there, and best of all, NO DUST

hansonread":dczhvu45 said:
If there really repetitive cuts of all the same size then go and speak to your local pictureframing shop and get them to cut them for you on there morso.

I'm just down the road from you in Lymington and I've got a Morso. Always happy to help a fellow forum member out so if you need to use it then just let me know with a PM. Same goes for spindle moulder, 16" planer thicknesser, panel saw, band saw, morticer, vacuum press, etc.

custard":3dh3boa7 said:
hansonread":3dh3boa7 said:
If there really repetitive cuts of all the same size then go and speak to your local pictureframing shop and get them to cut them for you on there morso.

I'm just down the road from you in Lymington and I've got a Morso. Always happy to help a fellow forum member out so if you need to use it then just let me know with a PM. Same goes for spindle moulder, 16" planer thicknesser, panel saw, band saw, morticer, vacuum press, etc.

Ahh exelent, the same goes for you if your ever in need of anything I can offer, sounds like your pretty well set up, but if you ever need anything CNCd then give us a shout as have a AXYZ flat bed 3 axis router and spray shop.

Back