Dave Jeske is my hero (unashamed gloat coming up, sorry)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrimTheKing

Established Member
Reaction score
Very excited Mr Trim here.

I have been trying to decide on which new tool to buy myself as a (couple of months early) birthday gift and finally decided on some decent chisels seeing as my existing Bahco and Aldi specials aren't really up to the dovetail work that I am trying to get to grips with.

About 4 weeks ago I was bored and browsing t'interweb, had some spare cash in my underwear drawer so decided to get These, but with cocobolo handles and These. The UK price for these is **more than I was prepared to pay, so I closed the laptop and put that dream away for another day. Then SWMBO casually mentioned that she is required in Philly on May 18th for a board meeting and a :idea: suddenly lit up in my head.

Straight away I send an email to Dave asking whether there was any chance he could supply my bounty in time to coincide with SWMBO's visit and deliver to her worklace over there, so after a couple of emails explaining the situation he promised me he would have them ready in time, so I placed my order. I am excited because I have just had an email from USPS to say that they have been despatched from Blue Spruce and after checking the tracking link can see that they are 'on the road' :D

Best bit of this for me, and probably the biggest gloat of all is that I paid the princely sum of £285.00 for the lot and SWMBO will have them in my grubby mitts by a week tomorrow after transporting them back in her dirty laundry :D

Cheers

Mark

**Previous comment retracted and edited. Previous comment mentioned CHT in an inaccurate way.

TrimTheKing":29et9ugg said:
Very excited Mr Trim here.

Best bit of this for me, and probably the biggest gloat of all is that I paid the princely sum of £285.00 for the lot and SWMBO will have them in my grubby mitts by a week tomorrow after transporting them back in her dirty laundry :D

Cheers

Mark

Nice one :lol: and to wind you up until next week here's a pic of mine with cocobolo handles
2384681869_c24eff32f2.jpg

:lol:

PS... they really are a treat to use. :D

Hello - I think you are being a bit unfair on my company Classic Hand Tools in respect of your price comparison.
You (hopefully) will not have to pay duty and VAT when the goods re-emerge in UK. You are also happily missing out on the the carriers customs clearance charges.

Like for like the difference is about 13 pounds in your favour. At the forthcoming Hand Tools Event all tools have special offers which would take the price down to about 333 pounds or 283.50 plus VAT and that includes all the duty/clearance charges and considerably higher carriage charges. So my point is, well done, but please don't make us out to be unreasonable.

You will find that my company invests heavily in small quality makers to bring them to the UK marketplace. I therefore am duty bound to defend my prices should comments such as "The UK price for these is ridiculous (£370.50 from Classic Hand Tools)" go unchallenged as it definitely puts us in a bad light which I believe is grossly unfair.

Regards, Mike

Hi Mike

Firstly, please accept my apologies for causing any offence, that was never my intention :oops:

What I meant, but obviously made a terrible job of getting across, was that with all the added costs incurred in bringing these over to the UK that the price was beyond what I was prepared to pay. I am well aware the shipping and the various taxes (both obvious and stealth) that our government impose are totally out of your control.

I completely understand the reasons for your pricing and didn't mean to infer that you were anything other than honest and fair in your pricing. I have used your company before and will do again in the future, and have been more than happy with your prices and customer service.

Sorry for the confusion and any offence caused.

Cheers

Mark

Mike Hancock":h1u5cpi5 said:
Thank you

I hope you appreciate where I am coming from on this and my reasons for posting the response.

Regards, Mike

Absolutely! I am normally much more considered in my posts, just got a bit excited on this occasion. I will dfefinitely choose my wording more carefully in the future.

Apologies again, and hopefully no hard feelings.

Cheers

Mark

PS I am happy to remove the reference to CHT from the original post if you would prefer?

Generically speaking (and in particular, not speaking of TrimTheKing), with the show season coming up, may I point out that it is morally dubious (at best) to use a vendor at a show to try out, handle, use, get advice on... a tool, decide you like it, and then mail order it from someone else.

BugBear

Back