Dancing on ice WTF ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SBJ":19fkyfda said:
Moose, did he not choose to go on the programme? How can that be a judgement on society?

my point was that the fact that he needs to go on the programme in order to promote a book or raise his profile or whatever is a judgement on society - he was awarded the Victoria Cross ! - that should in itself give him sufficient status - but the media culture doesnt seem to care about qualities like valor, integrity, and self sacrifice anymore, it seems to prefer to confer status on so called celebrities who have in fact contributed diddly squat (happy with that Doc ? - I was going to say **** all ) to their country.

Doctor":pgwl0sys said:
How do I ban big furry animals............. is there a button I press?

yep theres one on the front of your computer - probably next to the power light - press that and I guarantee my posts will no longer be visible to you

I was speculating that he might be using the show for self-promotion; open to the very real possibility that he's doing it because he's been invitied. I guess, if he really is using it as a promotion vehicle, then one should question what quantifies "needs". If it is, for example, to sell more books then "needs" could be debated in terms of how much fame (and translated to sales) does one "need"?

I would struggle to recognise anyone awarded a military award unless they launched themselves in to the public eye (even then I tend not to recognise the majority of people drifting across the screen or in the press). It's not the sort of information I go looking for nor have a particular interest in. I'm generally grateful for the protection the armed forces as a whole afford the country but don't make it my business to pore over the detail of individual's exploits.

I think your point is rather romantic and one-dimensional and not really a rounded reflection of society. Furthermore, society is just society - it's "state" is more a personal view sometimes overblown because it is shared in close circles and usually amongst those more likely to agree rather than challenge.

I dont believe it - Just reading this thread and guess what my wife has just started watching - I feel like

Gonna go and see what I can find on ebay

Thank god for my laptop!

Rog

Doctor":v1jg4p23 said:
Moose.... Moosey........ MOOOOSEEE........ it's on tonight :lol: :lol:

lol - we've not got a tv ( well we have but its only connected to a dvd player not to an ariel) - i told you on post one I/ we dont watch such pineapple

Latest posts

Back