Cyclones - some queries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Camvac 286W, twin motor, 63mm outlet, Cyclone Central 100mm inlet / outlet on a metal 45 gallon drum.

This week & last week I have been planing a lot of oak and have so far had to empty the drum about 5 times. This is a messy process as dust escapes as I empty the drum into bin liners. I tried putting the bin liners inside the drum but they were a bit too small so did not fit well and they were sucked up by extractor.

How do you guys deal with this problem?

After emptying the last load I noticed a loss of suction and checked the filters. The large cloth one (there are two small cloth ones, the paper ones over each motor, then the large one covers both motors) was covered in fine dust and caked on!

Should this happen when using the cyclone?

As usual your collective knowledge would be appreciated.

Internal bags should NOT get sucked up. You must have an imperfect seal on your waste collection drum. This could also be the cause of filter clogging.
Sounds like that dust is from past activity as your planer would not be producing dust but shavings instead.

Absolutely agree with Myfordman you have a leak, when I set mine up I had a leak from pressure relief valve and all but the heaviest stuff went straight through to the vac. I stopped the leak which seemed quite small and the problem was solved.
Chas

Thanks guys I have spent some time going over the cyclone seals with silicone (all I had to hand) and have just ordered a new rubber seal for the drum lid.

When I have the new seal on I will test with a black bin liner inside, unless you can recommend something better than bin liner?

Latest posts

Back