Cutting Curves in worktop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-wan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm in the process of cutting a recess in a piece of worktop to take my pillar drill table.

Managing straight cuts ok with my jigsaw. Cutting curves seems more challenging even with the Pendulum off.

Currently using a down cut blade.

Should I be using a narrower or different blade for cutting curves in this material.

Also I may want to be gradually enlarging the hole I am cutting. Would borrowing a router be more appropriate for gradually enlarging the size of the recess I am cutting.

Thanks

Ewan
1c10dabb942e80598536d8336c7aa146.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

for future reference some hole saws for use in a hand drill would be better for you. after marking out, cut the hole to give you the rear curve and then do the sides. As is now draw the curve, uses the jigsaw to cut/nibble away the waste until you are just away from the line and then use a rasp to tidy up

Just watch those down cut blades. They can really cause the jigsaw to kick upwards if not 100% concentrating.

Try using a blade with less teeth also one that is slightly narrower. A router and template guide would do a splendid job, but it may work out a bit costly to buy a new router bit for just one cut.

Thank you

tried using the hole saw and it seems to be working well

Ewan

Back