Customer Care Survey 02 - Axminster *** RESULT *** 7.85

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your personal experience of Axminster's Customer Service?

• 1. Appalling.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5. Average.

• 9. Simply the best.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

This is the second customer care survey for one of the companies in The List.

The result, and your comments, will be available as a link.

I am looking for you to vote on your personal experience of Axminster, you can also post into the thread if you wish to make any further comments that you think would be useful.

Thank you for your participation.

I'll start the ball rolling with a 7. (Edit: It should have been eight)

Thanks,
Neil

Gave them an 8

Would have got a 9 but didn't send me a new catalogue automatically had to request one even though I've ordered from them regular :?

Andy

I've only used them once, and that was when I ordered something recently over the internet. Their service was first class, both in keeping me informed and in speed of delivery (ordinary mail but it arrived next day). However, as using them once is not a comprehensive test, I've given a 7.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I hovered between 7-8 gave them an eight, I suppose with a push I might of gone to nine but they would have to be cheaper in my book to deserve a nine. But having said that they are probably the best out there for range and speed of supply. :)

I gave them 8, and the only reason that I never gave them full marks was because in one of the two problems I have had with them, I had to go all the way to the top and complain about customer services before the first problem was sorted out. As for the second problem where a couple of chisels I ordered never arrived, their customer service department sorted this out straight away and I received the replacements within a couple of days.

Except for this one black mark against them, they are an excellent company which I would highly recommend to anyone. I think the ideal way to show what sort of company they are would be to point you in the direction of this link https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... sey+clamps IMHO this shows that they care about their customers. They clearly did not have to honour the price and I am sure many other companies would not have. Well done Axminster =D> =D> =D>

Cheers

Mike

I gave them an 8. I find they are pretty good when you talk to them on the phone if you have a problem.

Adam

Lord Nibbo":37gichh7 said:
they would have to be cheaper in my book to deserve a nine

Is the poll about pricing as well or purely customer service?

I gave them a glowing 9 I order quiet often, they have good stock levels, (there web site keeps you up to date).

I once lost an invoice from them and customer service were fantastic, it was no problem what so ever to send me another (no charge :D )

And finally and most importantly they treat the ISLE OF WIGHT the same as mainland uk with no surcharge even when I bought a lathe !!! (and a milling machine and a bandsaw and a....... you get the picture)

So well done Axmister & thank you.

(after this praise, i hope my order I placed last night on the net turns up ok) :lol:

I'm not voting because they I have never had a problem with one of their orders that I can recall. Which is a testament to their efficiency and quality as an organisation, but I don't think it tells me anything about their customer care, as the only proof of that is when things do go wrong.

I think there should be two elements to the polls - level of satisfaction with the purchasing experience, and level of satisfaction with how screw-ups are sorted out.

Like for Rutlands, I've used them quite a bit, and still do. Like many of the positive voters on that poll, I find that 9 times out of 10 they get it right first time and the purchasing experience is absolutely fine. Like the negative posters, I have also found that when it goes wrong their attitude stinks.

Axminster could be like that for all I know.

8 from me. I use their Kent store all the time - only reason they do not get a 9 is because of the staff layout at the tills. There is never enough people serving and the layout of the till area is so bad that queue jumping by accident is almost inevitable by everyone. If they had a seprate enquiries/queries desk it would help immensely - when all you want is a couple of bits you have got in your hand and 5 people in front of you want a detailed discussion on machinery options it can be a bit exasperating.

Nothing but good service whenever I have got to someone, but getting there could be easier!

Steve.

Gave 'em a 7. Used them a lot over the years and they do sort out the cock-ups, however the policy on how they do so is inconsistant and lost them points. I don't mind waiting until a returned incorrect (their fault) item reaches them before they send out the correct one, but not when I hear other customers haven't had to. It's just gotta be consistant to get the higher points from me. They're heavy machinery delivery, btw, is exemplary and I will always look at Axminster first if considering a big item just because of that. They were also on the ball when I borrowed a couple of marking gauges for the review a couple of years ago, even unto paying all the postage.

On the whole not bad - for Devonians... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Used them quite a few times and never had a problem. Always prompt delivery and always kept informed of any products out of stock.

Honouring the recent Bessey deal/error was also very good in my book.

Full marks - 9

(those 'caring for abandoned basket' emails are pretty annoying though - but won't mark them down for it)

Steve

Gave them an 8 as I have always had really good service from them and all my problems have been sorted out promptly, even down to offering to re-thread the cam-bar on my lathe headstock.
Would have had a 9 were it not for the appalling delivery service of the carrier, TNT, that delivered my lathe and other bits. I think that the retailer has to be responsible for the whole end-to-end experience.

I gave them an 8, I usually get most of my stuff from them. Never had any problems either over the 'fone, face to face over the counter or using t'internet. Great company - Rob

Used Axminster lots of times. Never had a problem - goods have always arrived promptly, complete etc.

Once I ordered 3 castors & they rang me up to check the quantity was correct (& not a typo). Nice touch that.

Have been pleased with the selection of yellow/white tools I've got for the price I've paid (I can't afford top quality/top price brands).

Comprehensive catalogue & decent website (once you get used to it).

Could have been top marks but I'm having a bad day at work... so get an 8.

Newbie_Neil":3e2xn2nt said:
Scott":3e2xn2nt said:
Lord Nibbo":3e2xn2nt said:
they would have to be cheaper in my book to deserve a nine

Is the poll about pricing as well or purely customer service?

No, just customer service.

Neil

In that case I'll give them an 8. Had a couple of wee problems but they've been sorted immediately. They ship promptly to me in France too.

Stix is right about the "caring for abandoned basket" emails though. Annoying! I know what's in my basket - I put it there!!

Cheers

Had quite a bit of stuff from them.
Never had a problem always polite and helpful when ordering,and delivery is always quick.Very happy.
Gave them 8. :D

I gave them an 8. I've never had cause to really test their customer service, but they always seem to send things out pretty sharpish.

In hindsight I really wanted to give them a 7 because of the irritating email they send if I leave the internet shopping basket untidy. (Reading through the thread I see I'm not the only one.)

Latest posts

Back