Curry's. - Do NOT buy anything from them at the moment.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not, you are happy to slag them off, I am happy to voice my dealings with them.
If this upsets you then you are an odd one surely?
So, balance, I bought a laptop from curry's on friday hassle free.
I also dislike people naming and shaming on public forums when things haven't gone right for them, all seems rather vendictive, also thought it was not allowed on here as far as I was aware.
I also said check all receipts not just currys, good common sense.
I hope this answers your question, I don't hold any shares unless they are in my pension platform.

So basically what you're saying is that when someone has a bad experience with a company (and not the only person clearly) that they should just keep quiet, not alert others to the problems and so let other people also get ripped off. How very strange.

Out of curiosity..your laptop. Was it the one you wanted to buy when you went into the shop ?

Wayfair is nothing more than a "front end" for sellers .... this is the text for potential sellers interested in joining:

Wayfair is an American online seller of home goods and furniture. They operate in other countries such as Canada, Ireland and the UK.
They are exclusively a homewares marketplace and a leading marketplace for items in the home categories.
To become a seller on Wayfair, you are required to complete the seller application form.
Wayfair operate a drop shipping model meaning they don't hold the stock of merchants.
Once a sale is made, Wayfair will notify you of the order. You are then required to fulfil the order using Wayfair's courier accounts. The delivery then arrives at the buyer with a Wayfair packing slip.
Wayfair charges sellers a small commission, but also negotiate pricing with their merchants. This typically tends to be on a wholesale price basis.

As with Amazon and other sales front-ends (even ebay) it's often very simple to find the actual supplier and deal direct, often at a lower price* - the sellers use the front-ends as a fast-track to greater exposure at relatively low cost. What is unclear is where the buyer/seller contract sits . . . .

Drifting back to the OP it does seem that an awful lot of goods of all varieties are in short supply - try buying an entry-level or mid-range bicycle!

* and the same applies for hotel bookings - find it on booking.com, get a better deal direct (y)

I don't use wayfair much, but they have distribution centers in the united states. They may allow sellers to be listed on their site and manage their own (the sellers) delivery, but I'd imagine at least in the US, most of the orders are actually fulfilled by them. They seem to be set up almost exactly the same as amazon, but with more limited categories.

I check wiki and they have at least one physical fulfillment center in the UK. Here in the states, the benefit of buying from a seller through amazon is that amazon will put it to a seller if you're not satisfied. All they can do is charge a small return fee. About 5 years ago, I got a couple dozen grobet files through a seller on amazon - they shipped one, and were unresponsive about it. One of the dozens they did ship 12 files, but some were actually missing the corners and others had no teeth on the corners. they claimed that they look the files over. The teeth were bashed on the corners where there were formed corners, and the seller said "we store them in barrels, so they may get damaged when we're picking files out"

If you use a seller like that, you end up having to go through credit card resolution over $35 for a dozen files, which is a nuisance. If you're using amazon, the price from that seller ends up being less (due to shipping cost restrictions that amazon appears to apply) and amazon puts it to them immediately when they deliver junk.

How did I know wayfair has actual distribution centers and not just drop ship? They had a bedbug outbreak at one of their shipping centers, so when you get something like a pillow, it came with bedbugs. I think they offered folks 10% off of their next order for that (!!!)

So basically what you're saying is that when someone has a bad experience with a company (and not the only person clearly) that they should just keep quiet, not alert others to the problems and so let other people also get ripped off. How very strange.

No feel free to do it, I just don't like it and thought the forum had a rule against it.
Then you seemed miffed that I posted up a good experience.

Out of curiosity..your laptop. Was it the one you wanted to buy when you went into the shop ?

Yes, I went instore, chose it and then bought online as they had none in the clour I wanted, all was fine. I didn't get forced to buy add ons, or sold anything I hadn't asked for.

Last edited:
When I started in Quality Contol I was taught that a happy customer will tell 7 people of their experience. An unhappy customer will complain to 22 people. It made good business sense to keep customers happy with service and product. That was before the internet got rolling. Now an unhappy customer can reach thousands or in the case of this little forum dozens. ;)

Pete

They price matched my microwave so I was quite pleased with them do I have to stand in the naughty corner with Bob:unsure:

They price matched my microwave so I was quite pleased with them do I have to stand in the naughty corner with Bob:unsure:

Hello Doug :LOL: it's quite comfy, come on in and put your feet up, cup of tea? If you have shares in Currys keep Shtum.

which is good as I like jaffacakes being as cheap as possible and i call them them biscuits too

Back