Craaft Fair today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilljc

Established Member
Reaction score
Well the day started off horrible! driving sleet - yuck!
Arrived at Fair and got a bit nervous when I was offered two tables for the price of one, but was amazed to find that I could cover them :)
It was a very different day to the pre-Christmas ones, the regulars mentioning often how quiet it was, but I still managed to sell a couple of bigger items, a car from toymaking plans that I made about 3 years ago, and a repeat of the spaniel candle tray that I posted a while back. also a couple of orders for nameplates. My biggest seller today was random keyrings, mostly little animals, possibly down to the £5 price tag :wink: I do know that some stallholders did not make any sales, which must have been horrible for them.
I met a lot of nice people, some with connections to different craft groups, and have the offer of some offcuts from a guy who makes stuff from old whisky barrels (and does incredibly well at it) and it turns out he is just up the road from me, so worth a look....
Somebody else left me saying they have something in mind that they need for their craft work which they can't do, but apparently would be right up my street - intriguing .
Definitely need to get some lights before next one, as the resin stuff didn't really show at all, and it would make the whole lot look nicer.
Anyway, all in all a nice smiley day, if not a big money turner, but if that was what it was all about, we wouldn't be doing it would we :wink: so for anyone swithering about whether to try craft fairs - go for it

Well Done Gill,it appears that you had a reasonable day.The contacts made will of use in the future,and give you encouragement to go more craft fairs. :roll:

Bryan

Well done Gill. When we have a reasonable day or even better a good day it really does give a boost in the confidence department. Craft fairs here have been a bit slow but getting better each week. Key racks, key chains and candle holders have been my best sellers so far. Aldis are selling some cracking lights Gill, they are clip on type and I have 4 of them lighing up the things on my shelves at the craft fair. I have 3 tpes of key rings on display now and the ones in the photo are my latest offering.

Attachments

• Key rings.jpg
    Key rings.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,171
Chippygeoff":wik48615 said:
. . . I have 3 tpes of key rings on display now and the ones in the photo are my latest offering.

Nice looking key rings Geoff. The letters have a nice rounded over look, did you use a router or Dremmel type tool?

Barry

Hi Barry. Yes, I round them over on the router table using a small rounding over bit, have to watch the fingers when routing items this small.

When I checked my emails after coming home from the craft fair, there was one telling me to drop in past the woodyard where I get a lot of my wood from as he had been cutting some planks and had some ash I might like. Got about 10-12 feet of inch thick and about the same of half inch - and some small pieces that were about to be chopped up for kindling!!!!!! Its not very clear in the pics, but there is some lovely grain and a couple of pieces with some pretty spalting :)
2015-04-12 18.03.24_thumb.JPG
2015-04-12 18.04.37_thumb.JPG

Attachments

• 2015-04-12 18.03.24_thumb.JPG
    2015-04-12 18.03.24_thumb.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • 2015-04-12 18.04.37_thumb.JPG
    2015-04-12 18.04.37_thumb.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,058
Glad to hear your day was a success Gill, just a thought, at christmas I wanted to show candle holders and Christmas scenes .Lighted candles was a major no no so in the €2 shop I got some electronic tea lights. they were cheap as chips €2 for 6 and they worked a treat . Might be an idea To show up your resin work
Regards
Brendan

Chippygeoff":8frwvmbi said:
Hi Barry. Yes, I round them over on the router table using a small rounding over bit, have to watch the fingers when routing items this small.

Thanks for that Geoff . . . might give that a miss as I've got used to a full set of fingers ;-)

Back