Could you possibly help please ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebster60

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I know I have not posted much here since I joined, But since joining I have had to fore go spinal surgery, and am just getting back to normal now.
Ok I have a wood turning lathe, it is to big for me, and I wish to move it on. I have no experience with lathe's what so ever, and wish to find out its worth.
It is a record power coronet number 2 lathe, it is in very good condition and has only been used as a back up lathe. It also has a combination precision chuck with it.
Its all proper cast iron, and the blue paint is all still 100%

I do have pictures if needed

Is it possible anyone can give a rough value on this, I wish to move it on and get a bench to morticer if possible.

Cheers
Dave

Sorry to here about your back problems, my father suffered from angalising sprongittus (not sure how its spelt) and having him drive the car wasnt much fun as he couldn't turn jis head to look in the mirrors! Just a quick look on ebay showed the same lathe sold for £100 in good condition with few accessories, this doesn't mean your lathe is worth that exact amount. If you posted 5 more times you could use the selling forum on this site which can give good results. If the price is to high it won't sell then try gradually reducing it until it will sell.

adidat

Yup. Hard to gauge without pics. Lathe prices rise & fall all the time, so it's basically what the market can stand. If you're not in a hurry to sell, then stick it on ebay with a starting price of what you would like to get for it. If it doesn't look like selling, stop the auction early.
I'm not well versed on the Record Power lathes, is this one a swivel head?

Tazmaniandevil":1hluz9dh said:
.......... If you're not in a hurry to sell, then stick it on ebay with a starting price of what you would like to get for it. If it doesn't look like selling, stop the auction early............
.....but bear in mind that many bids come in the last few minutes - or seconds!

Tazmaniandevil":233rbbkd said:
Yup. Hard to gauge without pics. Lathe prices rise & fall all the time, so it's basically what the market can stand. If you're not in a hurry to sell, then stick it on ebay with a starting price of what you would like to get for it. If it doesn't look like selling, stop the auction early.
I'm not well versed on the Record Power lathes, is this one a swivel head?

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Yes it does have a swivel head on it.

Is the chuck one of the modern scroll type chucks or an older collet or other version ? If a scroll chuck it could be worth as much as the lathe depending on make, condition, jaw sets etc.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Rebster60

This is the Precision Combination Chuck

PC Chuck.png

Is this the type you have?

Regards Mick

Attachments

• PC Chuck.png
    PC Chuck.png
    104 KB · Views: 1,023
The PC chuck is not a scroll type, it has pretty much been superseded these days by the more efficient scroll chucks available. A good chuck in it's day though, I still have mine and use it for a few odd jobs, but rarely. It won't add to the lathe's value, at least, that would be my guess.

paulm":2ll7j8w2 said:
Is the chuck one of the modern scroll type chucks or an older collet or other version ? If a scroll chuck it could be worth as much as the lathe depending on make, condition, jaw sets etc.

Cheers, Paul
Hi Paul
Its the older collet type.

Back