Could? be an interesting year

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
Baba Vanga a Bulgarian mystic who died quite a few years ago predicts that this coming year is the year we might be visited (the newspapers of course said invaded) by aliens. They are predicted to arrive on an astroid called Oumuamua, interestingly this astroid was discovered by scientists in 2017 and caused a bit of a flap due to its unusual acceleration – supposedly.
Her other predictions for this year are as follows – Discuss

83B0A276-0F64-4868-AD59-FB636B26E615.png
5D27510A-58F0-44E8-9436-0984F902B06B.png

So basically more of the same :unsure: bet he’s was a glass half empty kind of mystic:LOL:
Sorry should have said,despite the typo in the second pic Baba was a woman, she was blinded in a hurricane accident when she was 12. She claimed to have discovered her powers on waking up from the accident.
Haha they never say what a wonderful year it’s going to be do they, bit like what sells papers.
She predicted all sorts of things for centuries to come so presumably the aliens didn’t take over. Who knows if we do have a visitation it might make us all less tribal and territorial. Ian

Interestingly its all plausible. The permafrost in russia is indeed opening up a can if worms.... firstly dead animals etc, but scientists warned that there will be viruses that could be very dangerous

Are you after some alien wood @Cabinetman ?.
Well I suppose a being from anywhere has to obtain sustenance, so probably vegetation and who knows trees – wouldn’t that be weird but I don’t suppose it’s going to be in my local yard any time soon lol
It may be that all these alien visitations we keep hearing about are not so much, take me to your leader, as take me to your local to timberYard, our trees might be worth an absolute fortune back on Vogsphere .

What the numbers for the euro millions??

Just wanting a new table saw and domino machine! Oh and a track saw!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Funny enough my daughters partner, who is Bulgarian, was telling us about Baba Vanga some time ago. She’s quite famous in that part of the world, the Russians made a major TV series featuring her in the noughties for example. My strong impression is that she’s viewed with amused tolerance by most people, with a (very) few old folks taking her seriously. Probably the least accurate prognosticator in history, unless we did have WW3 start back in 2010 and I missed it?

Interesting. She forecast Oumuamua ........which wasn't named until 21 years after she died.
It’s difficult to find out exactly what she said, and of course it was in Hungarian, the impression I got was that she did forecast the name but as Ceoncizat said it could’ve been the other way round, who knows ha ha

Don't let the hype spoil your enjoyment of woodworking, so what if we are all going down the pan or heading for an extinction event so long as we make the most of the days we have left.

yep!! Never forget, life is a terminal disease, so enjoy what you have today.

My prediction for the year is:
someone will try to post up a sneaky brexit thread as often as possible.

I guess it's quiet in loony corner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back