Cost of replacing tct teeth on saw blade.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alasdair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, have a large tct blade 400mm on an old norsaw I use for ripping. Needed some 3x2 timber aprox so decided to rip a 6x2 in half. Thought I'd checked it for nails but hit a bloody screw( the hardened type that had been snapped off near one end) took two teeth off the saw. I have a couple of old steel plate blades I normally use but being lazy didn't change over. I can get it repaired locally and sharpened but was just wondering what the average cost of replacing teeth is and sharpening. Dont want to get ripped off. I normally use cheaper blades but finding cheap 400mm isnt easy
Alasdair

About £3 a tooth if I remember.

Back in the day, and maybe still, a good industrial blade cost about £1/tooth or a little more.
A tenner to replace 3 broken teeth and save a blade doesn't feel like a bad deal. Obviously plus the cost of a sharpen...
If you'd shattered a dozen, then the economics might need more thinking about.

Many thanks, Have been trying to find a decent saw service locally but may have to send it off. Used to be a very good local guy but his business was taken over by one of our local industriall suppliers so not sure what there like now or what they would cost. I generally use it for ripping heavier timbers for repairing buildings etc.

Latest posts

Back