Corroded chrome stair spindles. Is this normal.....?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
.........obviously it ISN'T, but what's caused it?

rosehill171-1.jpg

It's 1 of 20 brushed chrome Richard Burbidge stair spindles we purchased just over a month ago, and frankly it looks a rusty, tatty mess. :shock:

What should one do methinks?

Thanks all

Brushed chrome or brushed steel? Neither should rust but the latter would be slightly more susceptible. It looks like the way things rust and corrode when I've been holding them.

Nevertheless, I'd chuck it/them back at the retailer and I'd also be tempted to record the incident in writing to the retailer too in case there is a recurrence in the future.

Thanks Matt - Brushed chrome fella, and they were all wrapped in plastic until I fitted them.

Trying as we speak to e-mail Richard Burbidge, but I haven't a Scooby Doo how to do Outlook 2003 Setup as this seems to be the only way to correspond with them for some reason :roll: (computer geek I ain't!!)

Mark

woody67":19sglf5i said:
Trying as we speak to e-mail Richard Burbidge, but I haven't a Scooby Doo how to do Outlook 2003 Setup as this seems to be the only way to correspond with them for some reason :roll: (computer geek I ain't!!)

Get a gMail or Hotmail account. Outlook is just bloat for home use.

Thanks Wizer - probably will do, but does that explain why when I click on the e-mail contact for Richard Burbidge, Outlook 2003 Setup wizard appears?? Try it and see :shock:

There's probably a simple way to contact them, but failing miserably so far :oops: Other ways via Yahoo mail result in - "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)"

Sorry for the numptiness :roll:

Mark

Sorry Tom, but tried that and that's when I got the "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" in my in box shortly after I sent it!! :roll: :roll:

It's the first time this has happened and it's stumped me. Thanks though. :D

Mike I sent a test message to that address about 25mins ago and haven't yet had a delivery failure notice. Are you sure you're typing it correctly?

Tom - I checked the address, all fine and dandy. Sent another new one, and immediately got the same failure message back! Tried sending e-mails to other recipients (Mrs Woody) and had no problems. I'm afraid I might have to admit defeat for tonight. Thanks for your time and help fella. :D

They may have a spam trap for yahoo, hotmail, gmail and other similar types of sender addresses. I found that once when contacting someone without using their contact page, my aol address worked but my yahoo didn't.

Back