Correct way to reduce gap from door

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamiePattison

Established Member
Reaction score
We've had new floor tiles put in which has caused a gap to appear at the bottom of the door as the tiles are much thinner.

I've seen some draft excluders but they don't really look very nice at the bottom of the door and wonder if there is an alternative way to cover the gap.

The gap is approximately 1cm so pretty thin.

They are not painted. I think they might be stained as the paint looks like if it's been sprayed as we don't see any brush marks.

I can post a picture of the paint close up but I know when I've asked painters if they can repaint they usual say it's been sprayed and they can't help.

I've been looking at a similar gap under my oak doors as I believe the builder allowed for a laminate or engineered floor which I did not go for. If I get around to correcting the perceived problem I will plant a piece of oak under the bottom edge of the door, set back 3mm. That is a 39 x 7 mm strip on a 10 mm gap under a 45 mm thick door.

Colin

Lengthened some Oak doors a few weeks ago, screwed a piece under and left a shadow gap, worked really well on this style.

short doors.jpg

Back