coronet model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flame

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, can anyone tell me this model, it is a coronet sheffield england lathe,bed is 2 round steel bars (1.5 in dia) 40in centres,single phase.

There were several different models iof Coronet. Fore runners to th Records. Good solid lathes if a bit limited with speeds etc. Which model it is I can't say without a picture or perhaps a number.

pete

AFAIK all the Coronet lathes had a single bedbar.

Coronet Major 02 - covers by wasbit, on Flickr

I would hazard a guess that the double bedbar lathes were the first from Record after they bought out Coronet.

Lathe colour would be helpful for identification.

If you have a photo or picture of the lathe, email it to me & I'll post it here for you (wasbit[at]hotmail[dot]com)

Regards
wasbit

Sounds like my coronet no1. It's green and twin bar. Only three speed but heavy and solid, the limitations is my skills not the lathe a photo would help.

Best regards

matt

wasbit":3hxm2a4v said:
AFAIK all the Coronet lathes had a single bedbar.

Coronet Major 02 - covers by wasbit, on Flickr

I would hazard a guess that the double bedbar lathes were the first from Record after they bought out Coronet.

Lathe colour would be helpful for identification.

If you have a photo or picture of the lathe, email it to me & I'll post it here for you (wasbit[at]hotmail[dot]com)

Regards
wasbit

Later Coronets after the Major had twin bed bars ie Coronets Nos 1,2, & 3. These became the Record CL1, CL2 & CL3 when Record bought Coronet.

Mark

Bodrighy":31l5ksvz said:
There were several different models iof Coronet. Fore runners to th Records. Good solid lathes if a bit limited with speeds etc. Which model it is I can't say without a picture or perhaps a number.

pete
there is no number,it just says on the tailstock & headstock CORONET SHEFFIELD ENGLAND with a crown above the writing,the colour of the lathe is green.

mattcullum":2bockpm0 said:
Anything like this? Its my Coronet No1

Best Regards

Matt
that is the one Matt,thanks for that,could you tell me where i could get a manual,also the size of thread for a chuck,oh and another (sorry for being a pain,but am new to this)where would i get belts from Thanks in advance Bill.

No idea where you can get a manual I am afraid, mine came with the lathe. As for the chuck my manual states...

3/4" x 16 TPI

Both tail stock and head stock are 1MT.

To be honest the manual is not a lot of use apart from this info.
As for the belt I'm no help with that either I am afraid mine has been fine since I have had it.

If there anything else you think might be in the manual I can tell you.

Matt

Back