Cornwall is steep...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know how much effort it took for Alf to carve her workshop out of the hillside, but the bits of Kernow I saw this last week were all either going up or down... SWMBO went for a run, as she is wont to do, and nearly had a heart attack. Oh, and the Doom bar at Padstow is well named when wind's over tide...

Some really good diving round there though, wrecks, wrecks loverly wrecks. Probably due to the inhabitants of this area showing them the directions. Hmm, wonder if that's where ALF gets her wood from? :lol:

Wouldn't say it's that steep round here. Depends where you're coming from I s'pose - bit of a shock from The Fens f'rinstance. But then if it was the North coast I dunno anyway; they is all weird up there... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Weird up here ALF! We is strange but not weird, just cos we scale cliffs with large air cylinders on our backs we ain't wierd. :lol: Mind you this is the East coast and closer to chernobyl! Whats up with my two headed dog anyway? :lol:

Dunno about steep, but the last time I was in Cornwall, at a place called Poldhu, the wind was blowing so hard I could hardly stand up. No wonder the trees down there all grow at an angle of 45 degrees :shock:

Paul

Gotta say, cornwall is my most favourite place in the world, st ives in particular (and i've been to quite a few places).

Thats why the other week i did this.

matt1245-wed43edit.jpg

Matt.

mailee":72r7iu09 said:
Weird up here ALF! We is strange but not weird etc
Down, boy! :lol: The North coast of Cornwall. There's a North South divide in this country too. The surfers and emmets take the North coast while the sensible folks (and yachties) take the South. :wink:

Took the fatal step, Matt? Congratulations. =D>

Cheers, Alf

Congratulations Matt,

I proposed to SWMBO on the harbour wall at Padstow, must be something in the air down there (fish? :? ) :lol:

Julian

Alf":3jqnjety said:
mailee":3jqnjety said:
Weird up here ALF! We is strange but not weird etc
Down, boy! :lol: The North coast of Cornwall. There's a North South divide in this country too. The surfers and emmets take the North coast while the sensible folks (and yachties) take the South. :wink:

Took the fatal step, Matt? Congratulations. =D>

Cheers, Alf

Hang on Alf, the only wet harbour (don't dry) on the north coast is Padstow. So unless your on a passage up the Irish sea from the south west there ain't much point in heading up to the Bristol Channel unless you like mud :D anyway from where I live it's only 30 min in the car to get to the north coast, but as you say anyone with sense stays on the south coast :)

Congratulations Matt, I take it your missus must hail from Cornwall then? HANDSOME ENNIT MATE. :D

mailee":12y5ley3 said:
Weird up here ALF! We is strange but not weird, just cos we scale cliffs with large air cylinders on our backs we ain't wierd. :lol: Mind you this is the East coast and closer to chernobyl! Whats up with my two headed dog anyway? :lol:

Mailee, there's nothing wrong with your two headed dog. BTW, my five eared rabit is pregnant again. Do you want the pick of the litter when the eggs hatch?? :lol: :lol:
Matt, hearty congratulations. Your bride looks beautiful, you lucky man. :D

sliver":1ii1usxf said:
Mailee, there's nothing wrong with your two headed dog. BTW, my five eared rabit is pregnant again. Do you want the pick of the litter when the eggs hatch?? :lol: :lol:
Matt, hearty congratulations. Your bride looks beautiful, you lucky man.:D

My squirrel is a lovely bird
It flits from bough to bough
It lays it's eggs in rhubarb trees
and whistles like a cow :D

Thanks guys I feel quie normal now. :) Wouldn't mind first refusal of the rabbitt eggs though. Oh and congratulations Mr and Mrs Matt, it is a wonderful institution. (Marriage that is) As long as she thinks she is the boss there is no problem. :)

mailee, I've e-mailed you three rabbit eggs. Should be with you by April the 29th of August. (We just get dafter as we get older) :lol: :lol:

Back