Cornwall association of wood turners info needed pls.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubrowner

Reaction score
Does anyone have contact details for the wood turning club based at baldu nr bissoe, Ive looked through the web site but cant find any phone numbers. Or do I just turn up without booking ?
I was hoping to pop along one evening to have a chat with the turners and hopefully learn some tricks when it comes to chisel maintenece and sharpning.
any info on this topic would be gladly recieved. thanks

They have open nights for teaching and training Monday to Thursday from 7. Just pop over, they are (or used to be) very welcoming.

Pete

phil.p":2qfj1mc4 said:
If you do go there, don't take a wrong turn once you're on site - the mud is such that you would disappear without trace!
C.A.W. seem to rejoice in anonymity.
Not sure that that's true. Was a member for several years when I lived in Cornwall and to be honest found it to be one of the best and most equipped clubs around. Admittedly they aren't too good at keeping their website up to date. One of the committee members, Mike Hoskin is a member of the RPT and his contact details can be found on the RPT site

Pete

Stu
Don't know if you made contact with C.A.W. but if not come back and I will supply any info you need. I am a member of the CAW committee.

The advice re turning up on spec is fine. We do teaching evenings Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7.00 pm until 10.00 pm. If you do come make sure you are on site (in the old Wheal Jane mine complex) by 7.00 as the site gate can be locked after that time. Directions are on the website.

Hi..I know this is a VERY old thread but having just moved to Cornwall (Ponsanooth) I have been trying to get in touch with CAW thro their sites contact form and also emailing chairman etc..but no replies??Are they still going good?Can anybody help please.Thanks,,Norm

Hi Norm

The previous advice to Stu to just turn up (no pun intended) still holds good. We have now got the Tuesday teaching evenings going again so any evening during the week except Friday is good. If the barrier is across the road when you arrive check to see if the padlock is actually locked; its usually left in position but not snapped to until later in the evening.
Alternatively come along to our next club night, Friday 27th November.

John

Back