Cooksley Morticer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormer1940

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just picked up an old Cooksley morticer.
I got the thing for a good price and all is working fine and she purs like a little kitten but what I have discovered is that the main operating wheel has over time become corroded and I am not sure how long it will last. ( I spotted this after I had got her back to base so did have a little grumble at the finding)

I know that Cookley are no longer here but what are the options for replacing the wheel on this?
It looks like it it secured via a pin and don't think it is keyed in anyway...

I have seen these but not sure if they will fit it. http://www.rencol.com/products/plastic- ... wheel/all/?

I would be looking for a wheel around the 250mm diameter if not slightly bigger.

Any suggestions?

these people are pretty keen on price. You may have to create an account to get a price. Postage is a fiver I think, another difficult to find bit of info!

You may find something suitable at a scrap yard

I tested her out a bit today and man is she a beast. Morticing softwood and its like a hot knife through butter and hardwood Iroko is no problem. 3.1 HP 3 Phase motor purrs. So much better that that poxy Axminster pile of
I had before or should I say still have.

This is an image of the same morticer

cooksley_fhe_morticer.jpg

Latest posts

Back