concealed hinges for curved carcass?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on making a piece of furniture similar to that shown below. The only difference is that I am not planning on having fully rounded carcass ends, but 50/75mm radius corners.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:0&biw=1495&bih=645

Just wonder what hinges I could use that would enable me to have a full shelf inside the unit. Given the doors will sit inside the frame and I do not want visible but hinges I am not sure what would be suitable.

A standard kitchen type concealed hinge would work and you could hinge the door on either side.

Knife hinges would also work and be less obtrusive but a bit more fiddly to fit, you could only use these on teh "square" side of the door.

I think the SOSS hinges might be the best bet. I did consider the knife hinges, but as the door is curved the door edge would protrude into the carcass when open as a result of having to mount the hinge further in from the back edge. This will reduce available shelf space.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back