Compressor problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George_N

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my cheapo compressor. In use, it cuts in to refill the tank but then won't switch off again until it blows the over-pressure safety valve. I remember reading some good compressor advice on the forum in the past, but I can't find it again. The compressor is a 24L oil-less type (probably Chinese), any suggestions as to how to fix it?

I drain the tank after each session to stop water building up in the tank and causing corrosion. I'm not sure what you mean about setting the pressure correctly. The compressor used to run until the tank pressure guage showed about 110 psi, then cut out. The only control I have is over the output pressure. I had that set at around 40 psi for spraying and dusting.

My understanding is they have a differential switch cuts in at low cuts out at high some are adjustable remove cover turn screws etc but some may be fixed to keep down costs hope this helps.

I'll take the cover off and have a look.
I forgot to add in my original post that if I switch it off manually when the tank is full and then back on again, the motor doesn't re-start until the tank pressure drops. This suggests to me that the pressure sensor is ok and maybe the switch is dodgy.

Back