compressor oil top/cap/plug help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lark

Established Member
Reaction score
on my compressor today the plug shot off....
the place where you would top the oil up its like a plastic thing with little bit rubber around i guess to it seals it. (pull out add oil put on)

if i cant find it can these be picked up.
if so where and maybe the name as i tried a quick ebay search but no luck

It would be worth finding out why it shot out before buying a new one.

Run the compressor and put your palm over the open hole, if there is any pressure build up something is wrong.

:cry:

plymouth pirate":30gfjjpp said:
It would be worth finding out why it shot out before buying a new one.

Run the compressor and put your palm over the open hole, if there is any pressure build up something is wrong.

:cry:

ok thanks. i will check it some time today, after turning it on but my hand on then or after it stops making all the noise and has the air.

i cant be 100% sure it did pop off.
the compressor made a pop noise different from what i here when it stops, getting the air in.

so i pushed the button down to stopped, and at the mains. then had a look and it was not there.

the cap shot off in front of me this time while in use sucking the air in.
so i wait for that to stop then turned it off.

will this be anything like the oil got bad and needs changing. or dust got in with oil ........ or is it something totally different and more big problem

thanks for the reply i could ring aldi up and get them to sort it as 3 yr warranty

i think i would not mind one of the small compressors like makita i think it is
for nailing and just blowing air thats all it get used for anyway. not sure how good they are

Back