Compressor hose HELP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martynbez

Reaction score
First of all not sure if this post is in the right place.

I purchased the below recently.

Compressor

Been getting on fine with it except the curl hose keeps getting snagged around the shop. In my haste I went and brought the below:

Hose

And as you can guess it didn't fit. Now I'm getting so confused as to what type of connectors I need on both ends. Could someone point me in the direction of the correct hose or connectors?

Assuming what you got on the compressor and the curly wurly hose is 3/8th BSP (unlikely 1/2 BSP but might be as spec does not say) and the new hose is 1/4 BSP. You can get adapters but far easier to standardise everything so get new connectors to suit or take the ones off the curly hose. If you swap over make sure you get the good quality hose clips to secure the hose to the connectors, not the cheapy pressed light weight type, good choice at most motor factors.

martynbez":1wg6q4bh said:
First of all not sure if this post is in the right place.

I purchased the below recently.

Compressor

Been getting on fine with it except the curl hose keeps getting snagged around the shop. In my haste I went and brought the below:

Hose

And as you can guess it didn't fit. Now I'm getting so confused as to what type of connectors I need on both ends. Could someone point me in the direction of the correct hose or connectors?

you have screw on connectors on the hose you got with the compressor.

The hose you got from Amazon has Quick Release connectors.

you have a choice, either get QR connectors (I have these on everything)
or go for screw on, Only good if you never want to chang any tools.

So until you decide which you want it's difficult to give a good answer.

Given that the OP bought the airhose from the link in the post, and hasn't replied as to his intentions to use Quick connection or screw connection also that at the moment the OP has only 1 of each (male female) I doubt that he knows. (I certainly don't from the Amazon page) it lists

Connector: 1/4"
Measurement System: Metric

So probably non-euro.
However what difference does that make? As long as one standardises on one connection system.

Back