Comments please on SIP 01552

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg2011

Reaction score
Hallo

This is my first post here and am hoping you can help me on the above.

I am retired and sold up my workshop a few years ago and now find I am having to repair my windows etc.. My workshop consisted of old Sagar and Wadkin machinery so need some advice on this light weight stuff. Obviously cost is an important factor.

I have been searching around here and elsewhere and am contemplating a SIP 01552 but cannot find any reviews of it.

sipuk. co. uk/ tools/ info_SIP01552. html (remove spaces)

It is cheaper a Poolewood.

I know a lot of you favour the similar machine from Axminister but the SIP seems it have a better fence.

Does anyone here use one who could share their experience and is there anyone in the Sussex, Hants, Surrey area who could let me see one.

Thank you

David

David

Did you go ahead with the SIP 01552, Im considering purchasing one but would be interested in some feedback

thanks

Neil

Neil,

poster has not visited the forum since the day that he joined, so I wouldnt pin all of your hopes on him replying.

Mark

Get your hands on a copy of of The Woodworker Summer 2011 issue, they tested Benchtop planer thicknessers including the SIP 01552, Woodster PT85, Axminster MB9020 and Erbauer ERB052BTE.

From a current copy of the magazine back issues can be ordered on 0844 848 8822 and cost £3:60 per issue

Hows about that!

Of the four very similar machines in that test the SIP came out on top. The test doesn't say but I'm fairly sure the are all powered by very noisy brush motors and that was the reason I soon got rid of my first P/T.

Dodge":2nea3ljh said:
Get your hands on a copy of of The Woodworker Summer 2011 issue, they tested Benchtop planer thicknessers including the SIP 01552, Woodster PT85, Axminster MB9020 and Erbauer ERB052BTE.
This thread was the most useful thing I found when I was researching bench top planer thicknessers.

I ended up buying an electronic subscription to The Woodworker which gave me access to their entire archive.

After reading the above review I bought the SIP 01552 and posted some photos and my first impressions on my blog:

http://aggravatedwoodbutchery.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/sip-01552-first-impressions/

Back