comments from a newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filsgreen

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning one and all :D

My name is Phil and I came across your site yesterday and I can now finally post, thanks Charlie. First of all thank you all for the tips and photo's, they really do help, i'm relieved that I am not the only one who hasn't got a big workshop, despite all my pleas to the wife to build a bigger one. I would like to post pics but I don't know how to do that :( . Also it's good to see that some posters own the same tools as me, I would love to own a table saw like Neil's for instance. Just the fact that he can use a stacked dado makes me envious :evil:, Norm's got a lot to answer for.

Phil

Hi Phil

Welcome to UKW.

Have a look at Adam's thread about adding images to messages. It is excellent.

filsgreen":x92qdgcn said:
I would love to own a table saw like Neil's for instance. Just the fact he can use a stacked dado ...

I assume that you are referring to my Jet supersaw. It is indeed a wonderful saw. However, I would just like to say that I have never cut a dado on it, indeed, I do not even own a stacked dado cutter. I cut all dado's using a router and an adjustable jig.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":21vri5no said:
Hi Phil

filsgreen":21vri5no said:
I would love to own a table saw like Neil's for instance. Just the fact he can use a stacked dado ...

I assume that you are referring to my Jet supersaw. It is indeed a wonderful saw. However, I would just like to say that I have never cut a dado on it, indeed, I do not even own a stacked dado cutter. I cut all dado's using a router and an adjustable jig.

Cheers
Neil

Sorry Neil, I meant NeilC who has just posted pics on his WIP. Thanks to all for the warm welcome and don't worry, I shall pester the life out of you all for hints and tips :lol:

PS I tend to use a lot of these emoticons, sorry if they annoy anyone.

Back