Cocobolo Sash Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow woodworker,

We never showed our sash saw design. Here you are. Handle is Cocobolo from Dave (Eodave).

Blade: 12 1/2" long, 0.024" thick, 3 3/4" deep
Toothing: 13 TPI crosscut

Sash%2Bsaw%2Bcocobolo%2Bfull.jpg

Sash%2Bsaw%2Bcocobolo%2Bhandle%2Bleft.jpg

For bigger pictures, go to the blog: http://two-lawyers-toolworks.blogspot.com/2011/02/kleine-zapfensage-cocobolo-sash-saw.html

Cheers
Pedder

Hi Pedder

You and Klaus have really made a piece of art there! What a wonderful wood Cocobolo is and that grain selection has maximised the beauty of the wood to the nth degree.

Did you find you itched like hell afterwards though? I have to wear barrier cream to use that stuff and I am still finding bright orange dust all over the workshop..it seemed to get everywhere!

Thank you so much for sharing your latest masterpiece! =D>

Jim

Hi Jim,

thank you for the kudos. Thankfully I have no reactions on Cocobolo but I wear long shirts and a breath mask.

Cheers
Pedder

Really stunning bit of toolmaking there, is the blade really 0.24' thick or am i missing something. I think we shouzvmld have a hat off smilie. :D

squib":3buqewe1 said:
Really stunning bit of toolmaking there, is the blade really 0.24' thick or am i missing something. I think we shouzvmld have a hat off smilie. :D

Thank you I corrected it. :) I'm more the metric guy.

Cheers
Pedder

Back