Clothes stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gower

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to make a cloths stand - the sort of thing you hang your trousers and jacket on (instead of the floor as SHMBO claims). I've searched the web for a few ideas but failed completely. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm sure I saw an article in a magazine not long ago.
Cheers,
Gower

Gower":g9sjn6z9 said:
I would like to make a cloths stand - the sort of thing you hang your trousers and jacket on (instead of the floor as SHMBO claims). I've searched the web for a few ideas but failed completely. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm sure I saw an article in a magazine not long ago.
Cheers,
Gower
Do you mean you couldn't find anything, or that you couldn't find anything that inspired?
A google image search for 'gentleman's valet' gives this.

And I found this

Dave

Gentleman's Valet. No wonder I couldn't find it under Clothes Horse! Thank you Dave. Thanks also to Mike for correcting my awful spelling. Serves me right for using an expression I swore not to use!
Gower :D

When my boys throw their socks at the wall, they stick, ugh. sometimes you can't even see their beds for used clothing, thank god for windows that open, phew. :oops: once I tried to retrieve a screwdriver from the eldests bedroom, it was like an assault course, guitars, cables, dvd's cups, saucers, sandwhich plates,glasses, teaspoons, cereal bowls,....
I gave up and bought a new screwdriver, it was safer, if the hse ever get in there.........? :shock:
A clothes horse, dream on.
Rich.

Back