Closing my beginner garage shop - donating all - Cambridge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felipe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone;

Due to change of circumstances in life I am closing my home garage shop, and I would love to donate all the tools to someone that would make a good usage of them, my tooling is all beginner level, the photo below will show it.

The only two machines thar aren’t in the photo is a shopvac and a thicknesser/planer, both sheppach.

There’s a bunch more than the photos can show, feel free to ask questions. Staple gun, hand planer, disc sander, triangle sander, bunch of materials, and so on.

I will just keep my Rioby hand tools and the general things that are useful inside an apartment, everything else needs to go, rhe garage needs to be emptied.

The bench is heavy, needs 4 to lift. :) It was my first project here in Cambridge.

Attachments

• 77185569-3C41-4E21-BF68-6B73C4287493.jpeg
    77185569-3C41-4E21-BF68-6B73C4287493.jpeg
    806.9 KB · Views: 0
  • D7AC852B-256B-472C-8BE6-DDEF65BA8CAE.jpeg
    D7AC852B-256B-472C-8BE6-DDEF65BA8CAE.jpeg
    882.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi Felipe,

How generous! If you've not got a maker space/mans shed nearby that would want them for community use, then I'd love a thicknesser/planer to add to my (even smaller than yours) shed workshop. Whereabouts are you? I work in Huntingdon several days a week so depending on what side of Cambridge you are might not be too far for me to come.

Thanks,
Ben.

Sorry to hear that you will not be able to develop the workshop, and I hope your move is for a good reason. I'd love the bandsaw, I just can't afford new machines, but Cambridge is too far from me nowadays.

Sorry to hear your plans have had to change. You had a proper little man cave coming together there!

On a different theme - I'm just looking into exercise bands and compact setups for doing weight training. Worth looking into if you are going to struggle to do weights in your new apartment.

Hi if you dont donate to a men’s shed I would be interested in any hardwoods you may have , timber sheet goods , clamps etc , track saw 👀

If you have a lathe that would be great 🤪
I’m in Ely
Thanks Graham

Maybe call Emmaus, based on the A10 at Landbeach not far out of Cambridge. A homeless charity. They do many things, including collecting and selling furniture etc., but more relevant they engage people who need support in repairing furniture. They might be interested in some tools and bench to use in their workshops and would have both the van and people power to take it. It's a 'virtuous circle', taking stuff people no longer need, supporting and training people to do it up for sale, selling it at a very good price to people who need it. Worth a phone call.

Cambridge does have a 'shed', a community workshop called Makespace, has a website. Looks well equipped already but they might want some things.

There are also charities that collect tools for developing countries, Mackeys in Cambridge is a collection point. I think its only hand tools though. TWAM and TFSR are among the many charities that do it.

If you are considering donating them to charity you could also consider these guys: Home - Workaid (though it's a bit of a hike from you and I'm not sure how far out they collect)
Hi
Hello everyone;

Due to change of circumstances in life I am closing my home garage shop, and I would love to donate all the tools to someone that would make a good usage of them, my tooling is all beginner level, the photo below will show it.

The only two machines thar aren’t in the photo is a shopvac and a thicknesser/planer, both sheppach.

There’s a bunch more than the photos can show, feel free to ask questions. Staple gun, hand planer, disc sander, triangle sander, bunch of materials, and so on.

I will just keep my Rioby hand tools and the general things that are useful inside an apartment, everything else needs to go, rhe garage needs to be emptied.

The bench is heavy, needs 4 to lift. :) It was my first project here in Cambridge.
Hi, sorry to hear this. I could make good use of the belt and dusk sander please. I’m in Ely so easy collection. Thanks.

I have a friend in a similar situation.....marriage split in his case.......
told him he can use my gear until he gets settled.....
yes, he's a very responsible person and used to proff equipment.....so no worries.....
u just gotta help people where u can......
ps, I'll try to organise all the big heavy jobs while he's around......lol....

I live very nearby. There is a village project here that is being set up to loan out tools locally. I can put you in touch with them. They would be interested im sure.

Back