Clock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought a cheap quartz clock movement a while ago and have been playing with designs for a clock to go on the mantelpiece. Tried a few designs and settled on this. Modeled and rendered in Fusion 360.
large.jpg

Couple of hours in the workshop and made this prototype. Main body is Iroko and the feet a white wood I had in the off cuts bin (maple?) I stupidly cut the recess for the movement in the wrong side hence the filled wormhole! The arbiter of design likes it so I will make a final version.
large.jpg

John

Johnboy":35ip7uof said:
Bought a cheap quartz clock movement a while ago and have been playing with designs for a clock to go on the mantelpiece. Tried a few designs and settled on this. Modeled and rendered in Fusion 360.
large.jpg

Couple of hours in the workshop and made this prototype. Main body is Iroko and the feet a white wood I had in the off cuts bin (maple?) I stupidly cut the recess for the movement in the wrong side hence the filled wormhole! The arbiter of design likes it so I will make a final version.
large.jpg

John

I'd suggest making the lower arc more of an ellipse than a section of a circle,
so it struck the feet more vertically.

BugBear

It's a clock Jim, but not as we know it. OK if you just want a very approximate time. No good for boiling an egg. Nice wood though.

whiskywill":k8a30hsn said:
It's a clock Jim, but not as we know it. OK if you just want a very approximate time. No good for boiling an egg. Nice wood though.

I can read it to within a couple of minutes. Didn't make it as an egg timer!

John

bugbear":1ffch9pn said:
Johnboy":1ffch9pn said:
large.jpg

large.jpg

John

I'd suggest making the lower arc more of an ellipse than a section of a circle,
so it struck the feet more vertically.

BugBear

Nope. Tried that and didn't like it.

John

Back