Clifton No7 Recommendation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_h

Established Member
Reaction score
Just treated myself to a Clifton No7 Jointer Plane from Axminster before the price goes up.

An excellent plane that worked great as soon as I got it out of the box. A couple of minutes on the waterstones putting a slight camber on the blade and honing down to 8000grit and it is even better.

A hearty recommendation for a quality product, and its British made!!

Mark H

Congrats Mark. I have owned one for quite a while now and smile every time I use it - it really is superb and nothing other than a blade sharpen has ever been required

Why are the prices going up on Clifton planes? (I can understand for LN/LV with the exchange rate)

DT

Superb! Great piece of kit.
The Clifton #7 was my first and only bench plane for a long time. I do have one or two other Cliftons now :oops:
But if I had to go back to a single plane, it'd be the Clifton #7 again.
Cheers
Steve

Don't know the reason for the price rise. I used the Axminster price comparrison link that was e-mailed to those in their e-mail club and spotted the Clifton No 7 will rise from £228 to £260 on September 1st!

Glad that others like this plane along with me. I have a No 4 and a No 500 convex spoke shave which are also great.

Mark H

mark_h":2vtw2dzl said:
Don't know the reason for the price rise.

It's probably due to inflation, the true level of which is far higher than the government would have us believe. Higher inflation means higher costs for manufacturers which means higher prices for us.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Thanks, I also suspected it was Inflation, I guess everyone has to earn a living!

I think we should support the national tool industry, so it is great to see the support on this forum. Unfortunately, my next purchase is only going to be a Clifton Burnisher!

DT

Thanks for the recommendation Gidon. Armed with my free LN scraper that I got with FWW subscription, I feel some burnt thumbs coming on.

DT

I might have a Clifton No.7 for sale if anyones interested......about 12months old and in mint condtion, only been used a handful of times!

SimonA

Well Axminster currently have it for £260 so say around £200. It really is mint...

Sorry no swaps as I'm looking to cut down on my tools as I don't have a workshop any more. :cry:

Simon
PS. Forgot to say that I also have a Lie Nielsen Dovetail saw for sale thats only been out of its wrapper once or twice too.

Seriously, seriously tempted. Must resist though, I just barely got away with splashing out at Dave's bash at the weekend (it's all your fault Paul).

Ask me again in a couple of months if you still have it.

I must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this monthI must not spend any more money on tools this month

You are both evil and must be destroyed.

[-( [-( [-(

I repeat:
I must not spend any more money on tools this month

Back