Classic Hand Tools Email

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the Clifton Anniversary Planes? for those who have not received an email this is what they say...

***** Clifton Anniversary Planes *****
Sheffield maker Clico are celebrating 10 years of planemaking through a limited edition of all their 7 Clifton woodworking planes.

Only 25 of each of the Anniversary planes are to be made (we fear that they have seriously underestimated the likely demand). Each will be numbered and will be suitably engraved. These planes will have special walnut handles and come supplied with a new Clifton Plane Sack.

6 full sets have already been sold and the remainder are likely to be snapped up as modern day collectibles.

Please contact us by telephone on 01473 784983 for further details.

Lots of other interesting info in the email as well. :) For those just bought a Clifton "Sorry"! :twisted:

I'd dearly like the No.5 1/2 but I think I'll probably leave these limited editions for the collectors and get myself a standard one.

OK, for those not in the know, the prices are List Price plus £35. Approx.

Cheers

Karl

wizer":31wyvz6d said:
I'd dearly like the No.5 1/2 but I think I'll probably leave these limited editions for the collectors and get myself a standard one.

From what i've just been told Tom the 5 1/2 allocation is nearly all taken.

Lord Nibbo":2fi0p9rd said:
Anyone else notice the Clifton Anniversary Planes?

Mike Hudson had an example at Ally Pally

Cliftonlimitededition.jpg

I've ordered a #4

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Philly":3ecuatzx said:
Very snazzy Walnut handles!

The Walnut is coming from a tree in the Forest of Dean. Nick Gibbs will be doing a feature in a future edition of British Woodworking on conversion of the tree.

Paul

Paul Chapman":2mrld89u said:
Lord Nibbo":2mrld89u said:

I've ordered #4

Paul
What!...you've ordered four of them. Now that really is dedication to the cause! :lol: :lol: - Rob

Beautiful, wish I had some money in the tool kitty :( They look even nicer with English walnut handles than the usual bubinga . The best looking production plane made imho 8)

I got the CHT email too, think I could leave the etching on the side, but the walnut handles look great

Paul Chapman":x6fvx400 said:
Lord Nibbo":x6fvx400 said:

I've ordered a #4

Paul

I tried to get Mike to part with that one on the Sunday afternoon, would have paid a bit more just to be able to take it away there and then, but it was already reserved, so I made do with ordering a standard 51/2 (they had run out of those at the show) and will think about making my own walnut handles from Paul C's tree (I've got a few bits :wink: ).

Handling the 51/2 was great, loved the mass and feel compared to the low angle LN jack which is still great but different. Looking forwards to being phoned to say it's being shipped, or should I cancel and order a special edition 41/2 and 51/2 :-k Collectors eh, what are they like :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Are these planes available to anybody on classic hand tools website? Or are they only available to people who suscribe to the newsletter?

SNight":2y1d6sl4 said:
Are these planes available to anybody on classic hand tools website? Or are they only available to people who suscribe to the newsletter?

Anyone can order one.

Paul

If I bought one of these beautiful momentos would I put it into use or put into the safe as an investment? I wouldn't want to scratch it so probably the latter. A bit sad like buying toys as an investment, leaving them in their packaging and never playing with them.

Anyway, I expect they're all spoken for....

Simon

Saint Simon":bc89g2id said:
If I bought one of these beautiful momentos would I put it into use or put into the safe as an investment? I wouldn't want to scratch it so probably the latter.

Well, I fully intend to use mine - that's what they are for :D I've never really understood this collecting lark. What's the point of sticking it in a cabinet and just looking at it :?

Paul

Yebut Paul...you've got a Number 4 (or 41/2) already, and a 5 (and a 51/2?)...and a No7 or is the 6 :duno: and a No3. I reckon you and SteveH have got 95% of the UK output between you :lol: :lol: - Rob

Why does not having a 5 1/2 bother me when I have accumulated 4, 4 1/2,5,6, 7 and 8? They truly all have their uses and are just.......nice.

They are all to use, not pristine collectors items, but ( as Alf once said) it is nice to have a choice and they were all developed for a purpose.

Have I convinced anyone? :D

Latest posts

Back