Circular bulls eye window

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senator

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone made a circular pivot hung window and if so any comments on construction would be appreciated.

I have an oak circular opening/pivoting window and if you want I will take photos of it so you can get an idea of its construction. When the local authority BCO came to inspect he was surprised to find it opened as all the others he'd come across were fixed. His concern was to have adequate ventilation which the opening satisfied. I'm not sure how you'd fit a trickle vent (or at least one that had an acceptable appearance).

Misterfish

I've not made one, but they are shown in some of the old joinery textbooks available on line. This may be of use even if you will be using a spindle moulder or router in the construction. This is from Cassell's Carpentry and Joinery in 1907 - available to read on line or download:

http://www.archive.org/stream/cassellscarpentr00hasl#page/460/mode/2up

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

I think I am going to make the frame and sash with two layers of alternating segments all glued together with One shot resin glue as I've done with curved jobs before

Latest posts

Back